FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SENECA LAKE BAD FISH  (Read 4501 times)

lowaccord66

Re: SENECA LAKE BAD FISH
« Reply #30 on: Mar 21, 2023, 02:27 PM »
Nice going greensider I’m jealous , I’m  down for  a spell,  just had shoulder surgery , omg are those fish going to pay 😃
 You guys keep the pics coming as I so enjoy them 👍
 Some  baits  can’t be digested and passed
 And are not biodegradable

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

filetandrelease

« Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2023, 04:55 PM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thanks , thought this was the time to get  it done before perch and eye season get rolling  ,

reeleyz

« Reply #32 on: Mar 22, 2023, 03:57 AM »
Thanks , thought this was the time to get  it done before perch and eye season get rolling  ,

Curious what surgery you had Fred? Both of my shoulders are slowly going downhill...

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2023, 06:22 AM »
Curious what surgery you had Fred? Both of my shoulders are slowly going downhill...
Went in for debridement , decompression, and rotator cuff repair , had a level 3 labrum tear , but I was lucky rotator was ok , on right shoulder
 Was in 3 years ago for impingement on left side which went very well,  was out and casting in a week 😃 this might take a little longer , it was done at SOS

iceman260

« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Filet and release wishing you a speedy recovery.

reeleyz

« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2023, 07:21 AM »
Went in for debridement , decompression, and rotator cuff repair , had a level 3 labrum tear , but I was lucky rotator was ok , on right shoulder
 Was in 3 years ago for impingement on left side which went very well,  was out and casting in a week 😃 this might take a little longer , it was done at SOS

SOS did my mom's knee. I feel like my issue might be impingement as well. Bad posture sitting at a desk all day does not help.

Good luck with your recovery!

filetandrelease

« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2023, 07:57 AM »

Don’t wait as it can cause more issues
Recovery is pretty fast , I was fishing and going to therapy 😜

Pequod1

« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2023, 03:29 AM »
The best therapy is casting :D. Get better soon.
I had rotator surgery. You definitely don’t want that. 

taxid

« Reply #38 on: Mar 23, 2023, 08:15 AM »
I share the sentiments in this tread about overblowing dangers. Of course that doesn't mean we should keep dumping this stuff in our environment. I guess we could always do what the state of Florida did: up the maximum limits substantially.  :sick:

In 1900 the average life span in this country for males was 46.3, and for females was 48.3. And I don't believe that was averaging in child mortality which was quite high. My great grandmother on my father's side lost her first 3 children as toddlers to pathogens that no longer exist or we have vaccines for.

In 1998 the average life expectancy for males was 73.8 and 79.5 for females.

https://u.demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

Seems to me were are much better off now than we were 122+ years ago.

As a fish farmer I can tell you the mercury thing is overblown too. The amount or fish you would have to eat to suffer mercury poisoning is astronomical. The mercury advisements are exaggerated to be on the safe side.  I read a really good article on this by a couple of reputable scientists which strangely disappeared off the net.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2023, 06:54 PM »
I share the sentiments in this tread about overblowing dangers. Of course that doesn't mean we should keep dumping this stuff in our environment. I guess we could always do what the state of Florida did: up the maximum limits substantially.  :sick:

In 1900 the average life span in this country for males was 46.3, and for females was 48.3. And I don't believe that was averaging in child mortality which was quite high. My great grandmother on my father's side lost her first 3 children as toddlers to pathogens that no longer exist or we have vaccines for.

In 1998 the average life expectancy for males was 73.8 and 79.5 for females.

https://u.demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

Seems to me were are much better off now than we were 122+ years ago.

As a fish farmer I can tell you the mercury thing is overblown too. The amount or fish you would have to eat to suffer mercury poisoning is astronomical. The mercury advisements are exaggerated to be on the safe side.  I read a really good article on this by a couple of reputable scientists which strangely disappeared off the net.
Thanks Cecil, I've been saying this for years and the Canadian scientists also were saying this as well...if anyone has a good insight on this it would be you.
Thanks for sharing,
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

regulator

« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2023, 03:38 AM »

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2023, 02:14 PM »
i have  had alot of    contaminates  in my  system  ,most i spent good money to get ........none  from eatting fish  ....brownies  could  be  a  different story

FRED  HEAL QUICK  BUDDY  WE GOT TROUT TO CATCH
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

taxid

« Reply #42 on: Mar 26, 2023, 08:52 AM »
Wow, check out the numbers for year 1918 https://u.demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

and read this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3734171/

Yeah that was an anomoly as far as pathogens go. It caused the immune systems of the younger stronger adults to work against them. OTOH a little know factor was the overuse of aspirin to allegedly combat the flu. The drug industry was pushing its use, and doctors were under pressure to "do something." People were given doses far exceeding what we today consider safe levels.

High aspirin dosing levels used to treat patients during the 1918-1919 pandemic are now known to cause, in some cases, toxicity and a dangerous build up of fluid in the lungs, which may have contributed to the incidence and severity of symptoms, bacterial infections, and mortality. Additionally, autopsy reports from 1918 are consistent with what we know today about the dangers of aspirin toxicity, as well as the expected viral causes of death.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091002132346.htm
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 26, 2023, 09:12 AM »
" no one gets out alive"
         jim morrison
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

old man river

« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2023, 12:17 PM »

"THE CURE IS WORST THEN THE DISEASE
     The medical treatment for illness