FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 40 inch burbot???  (Read 6948 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
40 inch burbot???
« on: Aug 03, 2005, 07:17 AM »
Come on icechip. The bugs are dying off now, and water level are down. Maybe its time to follow the call of the north and throw in some sets for monster burbys.

Trophy Hunter639

Re: 40 inch burbot???
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Hey Terry I would love to see a 40" burbot!! 8) You wouldn't  enter a fish caught on a setline though right bud ??? ;) ;D

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Hey Terry I would love to see a 40" burbot!! 8) You wouldn't  enter a fish caught on a setline though right bud ??? ;) ;D

You cant enter fish off of setlines (I already checked) I have a few out myself a little farther south of you guys.     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2005, 11:17 AM »
I know Terry wouldn't I was just teasing him in good fun ;D

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I fish for them like you do for catfish TH. Put on my special bait, toss the line out, plop the rod in the bank holder, sit back and enjoy a few cool or hot ones whilst watching my set. Sometimes I jig and sometimes I set. Setting is much less work and if I'm tired of jigging I usually set as previously mentioned and of course a few other tricks not mentioned ;) ;) ;). ;D Setting a line frees up my hands for other activities I may want to do like: cleaning fish, eating a meal, cuddle with the wife who just got frisky cause she landed a big fish :w00t: If you guys are referring to the trotlines I see occasionally mentioned on here, then "No" I don't fish that way or multiple lines. Here in BC we are only allowed one line with one hook or treble. Exception to the rule is if you are status, then you can use square hooks :nono:. Which isn't fishing to me.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Wouldn't know where to start fishing for them lol! Never caught one on open water before....Do they fight well TGF?

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Do they fight hard.....Yeah real hard like a northern pike minnow :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Tbone and I will be going to jig them at a lake that is known to have some decent ling in. Want to knock a couple of walleyes off the leaders board ;D. Ice chip....How about it?.....Call me old boy, you don't seem to answer your phone. You out playing with the chickens again ;D

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2005, 02:43 PM »
The monsters yours to hammer this time Terry...my smokerhas been filled 5 times over! ;D Ill gear up for another trip any day though, as long as theres fish in the water ill sniffem out! ;)
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2005, 03:57 PM »
No you should come along Tbone. We seem to catch some nice fish together. I know you could sniff them out man amongst other things :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol:.
Sure like that 6 inch purple with pink poka dot super duper lure. Wonder if it would work on ling too?

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I'll give a monster Ling the full 8 inch super duper! lol  :thumbup_smilie:
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2005, 08:16 AM »
You have to tell me where you get the 8s, I can only find the 6ers. I checked all the local shops.

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Do they fight hard.....Yeah real hard like a northern pike minnow :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Tbone and I will be going to jig them at a lake that is known to have some decent ling in. Want to knock a couple of walleyes off the leaders board ;D. Ice chip....How about it?.....Call me old boy, you don't seem to answer your phone. You out playing with the chickens again ;D

Sorry TGF, I have been doing some construction work in town so leaving little time for fishing. The job just seems to get bigger and bigger. Yeah we could go for some ling when I slow down. Still planning on January/February with the horses into "The Lake". Gotta go.

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I know this guy that makes replicas from scrap metal at his machine shop! Then he uses model paint to put the dots on them! Great for lakers and Bows too  :whistling: :thumbup_smilie:
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Yeah he is a friend of mine (if its the same guy, but sounds like him). An old Finlander. Great guy, hard to understand. They say he has caught fish on flies he has tied from collecting the lint from his underwear :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
I Need some more Super Dupers tbone. I lost that red and green sakaneechee special. Check with your supplier and I will check with the old Finlander (Gus) to fabricate some. Also need some purple with pink poka dot ones.
My son wants to go ocean fishing for halis and red snapper so he is twisting my rubber arm. I'm going. I'm sure I will be the smallest boat out there in my 13ft inflatable. But ya can't sink a cork. Have to go out in open water 25 miles to some decent islands. Pitch the tent on secluded beach. Should be fun ;D I will post pics when I return.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I fish for them like you do for catfish TH. Put on my special bait, toss the line out, plop the rod in the bank holder, sit back and enjoy a few cool or hot ones whilst watching my set. Sometimes I jig and sometimes I set. Setting is much less work and if I'm tired of jigging I usually set as previously mentioned and of course a few other tricks not mentioned ;) ;) ;). ;D Setting a line frees up my hands for other activities I may want to do like: cleaning fish, eating a meal, cuddle with the wife who just got frisky cause she landed a big fish :w00t: If you guys are referring to the trotlines I see occasionally mentioned on here, then "No" I don't fish that way or multiple lines. Here in BC we are only allowed one line with one hook or treble. Exception to the rule is if you are status, then you can use square hooks :nono:. Which isn't fishing to me.

TGF that sounds like a h*ll of a good time and the scenery in your pics is out of this world man 8) 8) 8) Someday somehow I hope to get my butt out your way to join you for some of that fine BC burbot fishing.................... I'll let you clean them though ;) :o ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.