The Fisherman's Wharf > Camping

Pizza on the grill

(1/3) > >>

Hookset:
Many of you may already be aware of this pizza recipe, but I just tried it on my vacation and it worked very well.  Thought I'd share:

Parts list:

Two round aluminum pie tins
4 document clips(the kind that are clamp-like, not paper clips)
Pizza dough, pre-made or the instant kind out of a package
Sauce
Cheese
Oil
Your favorite toppings

The dilly:

Take two round pie tins(you know, those cheap aluminum-foil like deals) and generously oil one all the way up the sides.  Place in your dough, sauce, cheese and favorite toppings.  Take the second pie tin and place it on top of the first(so it creates a dutch-oven like scenario).  Place the document clips equi-distant around the edge of the tins so they stay together.  Place the whole deal on the grill(on med-high) or on a small fire/grate.  Rotate the pie twice or so during the cooking time.  It takes about 10 minutes to cook the pies to perfection(depending on the heat of your cooking utensil).  They flop right out of the pie tins and they were spectacular. Hope it works for you as well as it worked for me. Enjoy.

shrub:
do you think this would work on a colman stove? i was thinking of making a few for icefishing the night before i go on the ice and then kooking them on my colman.

Hookset:
It will probably work if you keep it on low.  I had the added benefit of using a grill, so I just closed the top to increase the heat.  They were really tasty.  Good luck.

bayonne:
try useing dutch ovens they work great a bed of coles under and a little on top

hunters08:

--- Quote from: Hookset on Aug 05, 2005, 11:28 AM ---Many of you may already be aware of this pizza recipe, but I just tried it on my vacation and it worked very well.  Thought I'd share:

Parts list:

Two round aluminum pie tins
4 document clips(the kind that are clamp-like, not paper clips)
Pizza dough, pre-made or the instant kind out of a package
Sauce
Cheese
Oil
Your favorite toppings

The dilly:

Take two round pie tins(you know, those cheap aluminum-foil like deals) and generously oil one all the way up the sides.  Place in your dough, sauce, cheese and favorite toppings.  Take the second pie tin and place it on top of the first(so it creates a dutch-oven like scenario).  Place the document clips equi-distant around the edge of the tins so they stay together.  Place the whole deal on the grill(on med-high) or on a small fire/grate.  Rotate the pie twice or so during the cooking time.  It takes about 10 minutes to cook the pies to perfection(depending on the heat of your cooking utensil).  They flop right out of the pie tins and they were spectacular. Hope it works for you as well as it worked for me. Enjoy.

--- End quote ---
Man that worked so good!!thanks for the recipe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version