FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Worm Science  (Read 2714 times)

psleeser

Worm Science
« on: Aug 24, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Ok fish'n dudes educate this country boy in worm science...what are the following differences in these worms?Worms, Dillies, Night Crawlers ? back home we just used a Wiggler. Any one work better than others? Does it matter if they come from Canada?...LOL....lost in the dirt Phil ???

Hood

Re: Worm Science
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Crawlers are the biggest worms (usually) dillies or trout worms as they are called are smaller, they both work great for different fish. I would use the dillies for panfish and small trout and crawlers are great for big fish and they cast further.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2005, 06:47 PM »
OK here is the skinny on worms.Crawlers or canadian crawlers are "night crawlers" the largest of the worms.Next in size are the dillies which are smaller nightcrawlers,then you have what we up here in NE call worms or trout worms which are commonly called red wigglers in the south but do not have the red color that the southern variety has.If you are fishing for trout or panfish variety of fish,crappie,bluegill.pumpkinseed,ect. than use the trout worms.For everthing else I use dillies.For trolling for salmon or catfish(hornpout) I use crawlers.I hope this helps.Bubba
Bubba

psleeser

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2005, 12:51 PM »
Thanks for educating this country boy....sea ya on the water! This weekend looks great for fish'n. Phil 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.