FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spawning Kokanee.  (Read 4273 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Spawning Kokanee.
« on: Sep 07, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Anyone fish for kokanee around spawning time? I heard they get bigger before spawning so want to go back to Cunny before long and see if I can catch a 4lber. Tbone you want to go again??? Maybe some BIG Lakers again? I'm off for another 6 days. Have a tourney on the 10th though.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
Re: Spawning Kokanee.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Where's this tourney on the 10th? I'm off until Sunday but I've got school all week. I've been looking for some action all the water is still too warm(N) Give me a shout....
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

PGKris

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Forgot to say.....the kokanee in finger and tatuk lake get bigger before they spawn.....wouldn't think it would be different anywhere else. Gotta get them before they get into the creeks though.

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Tbone and another person from work are holding it at Cluculz. 15$ entry fee. 8am-6pm. They are calling it the 1st annual Nechako Detox fishing derby. But don't let the word "Detox" fool ya ;) ;) ;). One day only with big bash to follow after 6. Should be a few there. I think the lot # is 10. My son and I are going for some big lakers. See you there. Fishing has been slow there and lakers close in Omineca region on the 15th.

Do you know when the kokanee spawn around here (genarally) PGKris? I know in Cluculz it is one of the only 3 lakes in the province where they spawn in winter. I think they should be starting to spawning soon???

PGKris

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2005, 12:46 PM »
I know in Finger and Tatuk they were spawning when we were there last fall. October 10th is when we made our trip last year and the parks guy told us all the kokes were up in Finger creek area and thats why we weren't catching any. He said all the kokanee in both lakes spawn in Finger creek about the 3-4th weeks of october. Might just make it out there. Gotta find a boat first  :-\
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Thanks for the info PGKris. I will be heading to Cunny to see if I can catch some before they get to the creeks. Probably in a couple weeks and also check out the moose situation to see if I can find "Phillup" ;D

PGKris

« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2005, 02:39 PM »
Called one in last night. Little too many points methinks. Never did see him but he sounded like a big boy. Wasn't in 7-24 where we have our draws. Lots of moose up near the University of No Better Choice ;)

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Yeah I got a nice spot with a natural mineral lick. Looks like beaten down cow paths going to it. I've harvested my moose out of there every year for the last 23 years. Never a shortage of moose around. I'm headed for elk and some kokanee, laker action starting next week for 2 weeks. Man there is alot of bears this year. One swam by the cabin last visit:
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

PGKris

« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Not a bad size. Tons of them. Great berry year. We saw 12 in 2 days camping near Cleswuncut Lake. One grizzly too.

Sailing team

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2005, 04:31 PM »
1st anual Nechako Open,,,not bad...a little slow. The 2nd anual i think i will have first for rainbow and lakers, and bring small trophies for all the kids that put in a good effort. So that crazy finlander takes the trophy again eh! He's stock piling those super duper lures!! :clapping:
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.