FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 09/12/08 pg4 Quinte Bass)  (Read 8082 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Nice pictures bassjunky, keep them coming. :)

The bass under the slop is a unique shot, nice.

I see in your one photo that a few folks have wrapped their lines land lures around the powerlines behind you, I hope that wasn't you. :w00t:

WW

walleye1

Nice pics man. You gotta love the spring panfish bite!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Hey WaterWolf, I wish I could say I have not contributed to that pile of line and lures, but there are a few of mine up there

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Well, I got out crappie fishing in another area this past weekend, it was the Trout and Crappier season opener in my home town, so I headed back and grabed ChowderHead as well as my Father-In -Law and we hit the water for the opener

The Crappies were not as friendly as they have been to me the rest of the week, but I did get a surprise as I hooked into a lenghty and fat walleye, as walleye season is not open I only got a "in the water" shot, I dont like to take out of water shots unless the fish is hooked well and I have to take them out of the water anyways

Surprise #2 came to CHowderHead, he was throwing UL gear for crappie and gills, and hooked into somthing that made his drag scream, since he as using 1lb line it was a while before we got to see this guy, but it was a nice little carp....a team effort, he faught the fish but I got to land it

here is chowder in battle

me doing the landing

And the proud papa with his first carp

It was funny as we were talkign earlierthat we needed to arrange a carp outing this year as both of us have never caught one...well he is one up on me now

Surprise #3 and #4 were two more walleyes, I have been fishing this area for around 5 years and have never seen a walleye, then I land 3 all in one outing, made my mouth water,

Surprise #5 was a nice Largemouth

And although the bite was not hot we still ended up with a nice little pile of crappies and a great day on the water

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 04/28/08 pg.2)
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Got out today on the Bay od Quinte for the Walleye and PIke opener, usually this is like taking your life in your hadns as there are about 5000, fisherman and drunks all on the water for the big tourny...we found a quiet launch and got out wihtout a problem

We had some early success landing two Walleye, one a 5.10lb fish, the other just over 3lb's....after that the rain and winds came and things started to quiet down on the bite

Here is one of the crowded narrows on the trent portion

A nice pick of our fish getting ready for the frying pan

I wish i couls say the big guy was mine, but no such luck, my buddy Dustin landed him, but being a good net boy I got to hold him up in the photo

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
Very nice junky!

usmc0311

a good day

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
nice walleye
hey its hard to land the big one without a good net man ;)
theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Well my buddy Chowderhead may have been one step ahead of me, but I managed my first carp today, but with noone around I could only manage a few ground shots...I caught him on a pink and white crappie tube, it was the second longest fight I have ever had, i was using ul gear and he ran everytime I got him close to the shore line...alot of fun, I need to start targeting these some time

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Nice walleye and carp bassjunky. :)

Man, those little tubes are really hot lures, lots of fish species really seem to like them.
That's the first time I have see a carp caught on a tube jig.

WW

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
yep it is the ultimate catch-em-all....here is a species list so far that I have caught on these tubes

1) Crappie
2) Perch
3) Gills/Sunfish
4) Bass (Small and Largemouth)
5) Walleye (6lber last year caught on one
6) Pike
7) Carp

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
On my last day of freedom befor heading back to work I got out for one more afternoon of shoreline fishing. Hooked into two more carp today but lost them, they were huge and i had no way of getting them on shore anyways...it was a nice fight

I did hook in another nice largie, it seems they have moved back in with the warmer weather, no crappies though

the Gills also moved back in and were hungry, this guy still has a full crappie tube in his month, nice size and rust colour

i thought this was a cool pic of this gill playing dead, after the flash he swam off in a hurry

to end the day I got a bit of a surprise when I hooked into a mudcat, in 3 years this is the first one I have caught or seen caught in this area.

miket.

• hard core
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/07/08 pg2)
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 08:03 PM »
real nice pics bassjunky, it sure beats a day at work.
hard core fanatic!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/07/08 pg2)
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49 PM »
another day along the shoreline, fishing has slowed since the rain and colder temps moved in...I still managed a few fish

I added another species to my pink and white tube jig...a rockbass

I also had a little rescue mission, as I hooked into a sunken branch and noticed that somone had stung up a little mudcat to it and it must have pulled awy so the branch was submerged and the fish was tied to it, I was able to pull in it and cut the little guys free

the branch

the fish

Im hoping someone did not do this intentially

I also got out yesterday with the father n law just befor dark and managed a pike, I think the father n law had some shaky hands so sorry for the blurry pic

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/18/08 pg2)
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05 PM »
It has been crazy windy here the past few days and finding a nice place to fish has been  hard, but a i made a short hike to a local conservation area and found a little wind break, the fishing was slow, i managed a ton of dink perch and one surprise largemouth

a beauty area, nice and private and great to look at..makes a bass man druel

sporting my new hat, as part of a WFN prize pack I won for a submitted fishing storey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.