FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 09/12/08 pg4 Quinte Bass)  (Read 8077 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Nice pictures bassjunky, keep them coming. :)

The bass under the slop is a unique shot, nice.

I see in your one photo that a few folks have wrapped their lines land lures around the powerlines behind you, I hope that wasn't you. :w00t:

WW
i used to carry a 10ft. piece of PVC with 2 eye hooks on it with me on a lake by me that has power lines on it. i would go early spring and get the lures i wanted, and leave the rest. i bet i've taken a dozen rapalas off those lines, plus every lure you could imagine. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

BAZOOKAJOE

i used to carry a 10ft. piece of PVC with 2 eye hooks on it with me on a lake by me that has power lines on it. i would go early spring and get the lures i wanted, and leave the rest. i bet i've taken a dozen rapalas off those lines, plus every lure you could imagine. ;D

Dude, a rapala isn't worth frying to a crisp.   :pinch:

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/21/08 pg2)
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 01:49 PM »
PVC doesn't conduct electricity. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/21/08 pg2)
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40 AM »
while visitng my parents this past weekend I still managed to get in a few hours work from there dock area...fishing was slow and windy, but I still managed a few crappie and a very tiny walleye

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 05/27/08 pg3)
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 03:58 PM »
took out the fly rod to so some gill fishing today, landed what can be called a monster in my area...a gill over 10 inches....I oculd not believe the size of him when he sauntered up and sucked back the fly...great battle on a 9 foot rod...this is also a new Personal Best

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 04:39 PM »
Well...they aren't gills.  But nice pumpkinseeds.  ;)

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #36 on: Jun 04, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Well...they aren't gills.  But nice pumpkinseeds.  ;)

I just call them all SUNNIES!!   ;D

fish_finder

« Reply #37 on: Jun 09, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Wow great colors on that pumkinseed!
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #38 on: Jul 01, 2008, 07:25 PM »
had to work on the Bass Season opener weekend so I took the wife out Bass fishing for this Canada Day Tuesday...we were only out for about 3 hours (Wifes Small Bladder,  you know how it is) but manahed some nice fish

Started off the day with a small largemouth just minutes in, but camera was ready for the seasons first Bass...caught a few while crappie fishing but this is the official first. nice golden colour to him

managed a few more while floating through the shipyard, all around the 1.5lb to 2lb range

broke out the new carrot stix and stratus, first cast and wack...this nice 3.5lb came up out from under a log....like a true rookie I had not set the drag yet on this new reel so there were a few tense moments befor things were under control..he had some nice dance moves and was more then willing to give us a show...but he did attract attention...why do guys in boats feel they can move in on us canoe fishing like we dont belong there...

miket.

• hard core
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 07/01/08 pg3)
« Reply #39 on: Jul 01, 2008, 08:22 PM »
those are some nice calico"s there, and nice colors in the sun fish. i have a lake near my house that produces some nice calico"s maybe 10 to 12 inchers. nice pics.
hard core fanatic!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 07/01/08 pg3)
« Reply #40 on: Jul 19, 2008, 06:26 AM »
I gotta catch up on posting my photo's as I have a few building up...Ill start with this one I just added to the tourny, not a monster by any means, but it gets me ont he board for now and I can always upgrade. I caught this guy on a scumfrogin open waterjust after i pulled it off the slop, it was nice the see the action from start to finish

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 07/19/08 pg3)
« Reply #41 on: Aug 06, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I have been working a lot latley not much time to enjoy this site or fish for long hours at a time...I have been getting out a few hours a couple times a week and here are some picks from  some shoreline outings.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 07/19/08 pg3)
« Reply #42 on: Sep 03, 2008, 08:16 AM »
I just got back from my annual end of August fishing trip, a great nine days on the water...this year was a bit slower then usual, as a formally private spot has become public knowledge...but I still managed some good fish.

Day 1, was the best day for quantity as I managed well over twenty fish and these beauts were the highlight

my wife was feeling neglected as she did not land any photo fish, so she did a self portrait instead

Day 2 - this was an evening outing and saw the weeks biggest fish coming in just under 5lbs

Day 3 - we started to see a lot more company on the water so we stayed out of a few of our hotspots, but still managed some nice fish.

Day 4 - The weather started to cool off but on a small lake the fsh had no where to hide and we still managed a few sluggish fish

Day 5 -  Day two of the cold snap and the water was getting pretty well fished, even some guys showing up at 4am draggin in there canoe to my secret hole...only one photo worthy fish today

Day 6 - Was a float tube day so no camera with me, caught a lot of small or and tiny smallmouths, but a great time with the fly rod.

Day 7 - A trip to a new lake called Jordan, recomended by a firend, another small lake but we managed a few
fish. Wind conditions were tough in a canoe so we had to stay away from a few spots that looked amazing. Lost a few nice topwater fish in the weeds but all in all it was nice to see a new body of water

Day 8 - Broke out the crank baits and got into some smallmouths

found a few more topwater fish this guys had a uniqe spot on his side

Day 9 - My father in law came up and joined me for the day, we spent most of the time hunting smallies and managed a few nice fish as well as a couple double headers.

look at the markings on this guy

Well the week went by fast, and now its back to work...i find it funny that I lake I have been fishing solo for 6 years is all of a sudden a hot spot, it has a hard to see canoe only enterance in 6 years I have had it to myself and last week I watched as canoe after canoe piled in, and at sometimes there were four or more trucks parked at the enterance...my pet peeve is most of them are guys who are dragging stringer or coolers of fish out of the lake, as I mentioned it is a small lake and Im afraid it will soon be a dead lake if this keeps up.

fish_finder

WOW beautiful bass...my end f august bass trip was a flop, high winds and a lot of things gone wrong. Gotta hate when ppl find out about a secret hole and the whole town shows up the next day...happend to me wit a nice pond for brookies, used to get limits of great fish and u had to bush whack to get to it...now there is a cut trail in there and you couldnt catch a brookie in there if you spent the week
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I got out on the Bay of Quinte with a Buddy this wednesday, we started out at 6am wich turned out to be a mistake as we only landed one fish prior to noon...once we found a pattern we got into some good fish, we only took pics of those over 3lb's so here they are

as you can tell it was a cool day...this is the mornings only fish

we moved around all morning, shallow, deep, shorelines...spinnerbaits, texas worms, tubes, but we hit the jack pot when we found the perfect depth and presentation...wacky worm

this one here has an unusual spot near the tail

The last fish of tyhe day was the largest, just one minnow meal away from being 4lb's.

Although we did not have much company on the water we did have a local TV guy around us...glad he was not fishing to close as his voice and laugh drives me crazy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.