FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Watch and be amazed - give it time...  (Read 3522 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jack1972

Re: Watch and be amazed - give it time...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Wow, incredibly life-like.  Anyone on this forum tried one?  I wonder how well the mechanisms would hold up to getting thrashed by a few big fish.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Looks neat. Seems like the cost is going to require some results before purchase, but their idea is awesome.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Wow, that’s very realistic, just have to wonder how durable the little motor and prop is. That would be very interesting to use for ice fishing too. Honestly though, I’ve thought about turning a little bathtub/pool toy Nemo into a lure, and found out people on YouTube have already done it and caught fish hehe.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2018, 05:35 PM »
That's cool but until that one guy washes his hair I wouldn't go fishing with him.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Cool looking lure, but it only goes to show that we are becoming lazier and lazier people.
Now, instead of catching and fishing with live minnows, you can sit back and let a motorized lure do all the work for you!

Here's a question...if a motorized lure does catch a fish, can you (in all honesty) say that YOU caught a fish???

Sorry, but I'll stick with live bait or lures that you have to work to get the desired actions and strikes.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Cool looking lure, but it only goes to show that we are becoming lazier and lazier people.
Now, instead of catching and fishing with live minnows, you can sit back and let a motorized lure do all the work for you!

Here's a question...if a motorized lure does catch a fish, can you (in all honesty) say that YOU caught a fish???

Sorry, but I'll stick with live bait or lures that you have to work to get the desired actions and strikes.

Now, now, calm down.  ;D Are you telling me waiting for a fish to bite a live minnow under a float is work?  :laugh: Don't those lives minnows swim a little? Or trolling a iure behind a boat is not allowing the lure to cover more water for you without casting?

What's the difference between trolling a lure and having it swim on it's own?

zwiggles

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:10 PM »
I’m kind of confused as to how inventing something new is lazy?

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2018, 09:18 AM »

Is it any different than adding a rattle to a jig or crank bait, using rubber worms over live ones or even a float that has a battery for night fishing? Times change and so do lures, rods and fishing lines. I bet you own a graphite or fiberglass rod and not a bamboo rod. Its still a lure and must be retrieved. Fish how you please but I can tell you that technology is only getting more advanced and so will the sport of fishing.  (Fish finders)
Wicked Wec

Jack1972

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2018, 11:34 AM »
The fish in my lake are scarce enough that I would use any tactical advantage I could get (within reason & budget).  As far as laziness goes, sitting on a chair drinking a beer & eating food while waiting for a flag to pop seems pretty lazy to me so I don't think a live bait or motorized bait changes that much.

slipperybob

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2018, 01:39 AM »
underwater fishing drones.... ;D  in time...
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Let's take it just a little farther "down the rabbit hole"...

Would you be as enthusiastic if they were selling a lure that didn't require you even leave your house?
Imagine the convenience of fishing from your sofa? No sunscreen, no bug spray, no driving to and from the lake. no need for a boat at all! You could spend your weekends and vacations and never leave the house!

(I'd have added "No spot burning, spot stealing, fish stealing, or poaching, but that goes hand-in-hand with this "technologically advanced" age we live in.)

Oh, there also wouldn't be any fights between anglers "claim-jumping" your spots because you wouldn't have the strength from spending your weekends sitting on the sofa "fishing"....

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a bit absurd but with the way tech is being perverted for unneeded uses, it's not too far of a stretch in possibilities. Look at all the absurd ideas for using drones, from idiotic food deliveries to illicit surveillance by amateur video perverts...

"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Let's take it just a little farther "down the rabbit hole"...

Would you be as enthusiastic if they were selling a lure that didn't require you even leave your house?
Imagine the convenience of fishing from your sofa? No sunscreen, no bug spray, no driving to and from the lake. no need for a boat at all! You could spend your weekends and vacations and never leave the house!

(I'd have added "No spot burning, spot stealing, fish stealing, or poaching, but that goes hand-in-hand with this "technologically advanced" age we live in.)

Oh, there also wouldn't be any fights between anglers "claim-jumping" your spots because you wouldn't have the strength from spending your weekends sitting on the sofa "fishing"....

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a bit absurd but with the way tech is being perverted for unneeded uses, it's not too far of a stretch in possibilities. Look at all the absurd ideas for using drones, from idiotic food deliveries to illicit surveillance by amateur video perverts...

It seems like you are a bit behind the times because everything you mentioned does already exist. If you do not believe me just click the links. Its not Absurd at all, it EXISTS!

Look how many "lure" options you have -

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/xbox-360/sports/fishing?nav=28-xu0,1385-aa

Some added details -

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/fishing-games/post/top-10-best-fishing-games-of-all-time
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2018, 12:39 PM »
It seems like you are a bit behind the times because everything you mentioned does already exist. If you do not believe me just click the links. Its not Absurd at all, it EXISTS!

Look how many "lure" options you have -

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/xbox-360/sports/fishing?nav=28-xu0,1385-aa

Some added details -

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/fishing-games/post/top-10-best-fishing-games-of-all-time

Same with watching bass masters tv shows, and YouTube and heck even MFF. It’s all vouyerism in some form, and there is nothing wrong with it. Our elders used to go to the bar, or the bait shop, or the water cooler at work and do the same.

Different form, but all the same function.

Same with inventing new lures.

Everyone is just building off what others have already used/made.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Here is one aspect on how I view life - If your not ahead of the game you are already behind.

Invent something new that blows peoples minds or improve on whats already there. Never stop learning, never stop trying. There is nothing wrong with being old school, living a simple life, or enjoying what you did as a kid but today's general society is fast paced and always looking for ways to make things simpler and easier.

Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.