FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HUNTING/FISHING CAMP post some pics  (Read 28580 times)

gamefisher

Re: HUNTING/FISHING CAMP post some pics
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Finally , after all those darn payments. She's all mine ;D

:rotflol: :rotflol:  Hey, you might be on to something there Gdog.... funny stuff.

vivlamored

• Gotta Love the Adirondacks
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Looking good i can't wait to see it finished
Don't use your sick days when you are sick use them when the fish are biting. It all looks the same on your time card

Gamedog

• If it swims,walks or flies, it dies!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2007, 08:14 AM »
One question....does she have holes in the floor for icefishing???
But of course ;D

gamefisher

« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Having a little hard time rallying my "crew" this morning with the dreary weather but made some decent progress yesterday.  One more 20' section of wall to build and then we'll be able to tie it all together and move on to the next phase.  Think old man winter might win this race but we'll give it our best shot! ;D 

walleye1

« Reply #19 on: Oct 08, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Looking good gamefisher! 8)

Out4Trout

« Reply #20 on: Oct 08, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Looks like you're coming right along. Your making memories that your kids will talk about for the rest of their lives. Glad to see the update. 

gamefisher

« Reply #21 on: Oct 08, 2007, 07:36 AM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, man, I'm to old for all this physical labor....  ;D  Coming out well, amazingly square for being done by a "hack" on a fairly unlevel spot, big fan of the high ground though.  Pretty neat lot with the big ledge running through..... sure one or both the kids will break an arm or something in the coming years exploring. :D  The 24 X 32 structure looks a lot bigger than it is because of how it sits.

P.S. - Didn't mean to dominate this thread everyone-  If you guys don't want the running pictorial of progress, please let me know.  As a wannabe builder, I myself love looking at pics of other projects and gaining ideas, etc.  and thought others might as well.  No snow till Dec. and I should be fine..... Right! ;D

vivlamored

• Gotta Love the Adirondacks
« Reply #22 on: Oct 08, 2007, 04:27 PM »
no its fine with me i like to see things as they happen
Don't use your sick days when you are sick use them when the fish are biting. It all looks the same on your time card

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #23 on: Oct 08, 2007, 04:40 PM »
no its fine with me i like to see things as they happen

definately me too...you may just get some good suggestions   ;)
Scotty 

gamefisher

« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2007, 05:41 PM »

Well, some pretty good progress today considering very little sleep thanks to the Sox debacle.  Walls are all up and double plated.  Got the place mostly Typar'd, and even managed to get the base of the deck built.  Less than a day from trusses, coming pretty good now.  Love the shot my wife took looking down from the ledge today.  We are in great shape IF the weather holds.............

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #25 on: Oct 14, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Gee Whiz rookie...you put your typar on upside down... ::)   hey ya know when ya spell typar backwards its spellts rapyt (wrap it)  :D  looking good GF  keep up the good work 
Scotty 

gamefisher

« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Gee Whiz rookie...you put your typar on upside down... ::)   hey ya know when ya spell typar backwards its spellts rapyt (wrap it)  :D  looking good GF  keep up the good work 

It's one of the many hazards of being left handed Scotty ;D

Out4Trout

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2007, 07:27 PM »
I was hoping to see an update, thought one might come after the weekend. It's really taking shape! That last birds eye view picture is a good one. Great weekend for working outside.

gamefisher

« Reply #28 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:33 AM »
Well between a day and a half on the camp project and the Sox last night, I'm beat!  Although the pics may not bear it out, I cranked on some of the tedious, time consuming stuff I needed to get done before the trusses, given the camp design. My ace crew even abandoned me in favor of some fall harvest party, something I won't forget when figuring out their project bonuses :laugh: Got the decking done, carrying beam built and placed (very interesting lifting up that pig :D), railings built, and two sets of stairs cut and built.  Probably over built and over braced, but wanted to air on the side of caution given the fact it has to help carry the roof weight.  Trusses next Sunday!

Out4Trout

« Reply #29 on: Oct 22, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Looking good, doesn't seem overly braced to me. Looks like an expert job. I'm sure that you can picture yourself setting on that deck having a cup of coffee on a crisp fall morning. Great time of year for outoor projects, and it was a good weekend. Going to be cutting in on your deer hunting time now though........ :pinch: Well worth it though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.