FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It’s fish  (Read 14817 times)

zwiggles

Re: It’s fish
« Reply #105 on: Jun 25, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Nice job Sharps, that’s a helluva haul!

zwiggles

« Reply #106 on: Jun 25, 2022, 08:09 PM »
Gents I am off July 16th to the 24th.  New lower is done and she's ready to get back into the slip.  Itll be prime time for some bass and maybe tuna near block.  If someone gets Joe to join Id psyched.  For bass I think we could easily do 4 guys plus me.

:clapping:I’ll send you a PM, but I’d love to make this happen.

zwiggles

« Reply #107 on: Jun 28, 2022, 09:52 PM »
Got rid of a multi trip skunk streak tonight with the nuclear option. Still slower then a while back, but I picked up two schoolies and missed what was likely a better fish when it went around a piling. The best part of the night was confirming the “no see ums” were warded off with some new gear. I wandered into the fray as several other were getting chased off.

Steve H.

« Reply #108 on: Jun 29, 2022, 07:30 AM »
Got rid of a multi trip skunk streak tonight with the nuclear option. Still slower then a while back, but I picked up two schoolies and missed what was likely a better fish when it went around a piling. The best part of the night was confirming the “no see ums” were warded off with some new gear. I wandered into the fray as several other were getting chased off.

Good to see you're still on 'em Zach!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #109 on: Jun 29, 2022, 07:31 AM »

Bug net suit or something?

zwiggles

« Reply #110 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:54 AM »
Bug net suit or something?

Simms solarflex, with the bug stopper (permethrin). Other then the few dozen my nostrils sucked up it was like they weren’t there.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #111 on: Jun 29, 2022, 10:34 AM »
Nice work Pal! Been running the equinox series from Sitka with the same results. You get what you pay for!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #112 on: Jun 29, 2022, 10:41 AM »
Bug stopper for this guy too.

zwiggles

« Reply #113 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:08 PM »
1 more tonight with my father before the lightning chased us off. He missed one as well when we got there but it was a nice night until the skies opened up.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #114 on: Jun 30, 2022, 07:50 AM »
1 more tonight with my father before the lightning chased us off. He missed one as well when we got there but it was a nice night until the skies opened up.

Nice work Z!
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #115 on: Jul 06, 2022, 07:13 PM »
Went out last night with Steve H trying to get some stripers, but somehow managed to catch this guy:

First one I’ve ever caught, and even if it was just a baby kinda neat coming in the fly.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #116 on: Jul 06, 2022, 08:47 PM »
A little sand dab

zwiggles

« Reply #117 on: Jul 16, 2022, 10:25 AM »
Bass fishing has slowed down a bit. Lots of bait around, and I have been surfcasting several evenings, and mornings the past few weeks with not a whole lot to show.

I did have a run in with some pogies a few weeks back for the first time, and hot d**n is that a sight to be seen. A couple weeks back, my buddy got a 33”, and a 38” on the fly from his boat. Just helping land that giant fish was awesome, and seeing them work the bunker was mind boggling. I ended up with a skunk but won’t complain.

I went out with the same guy today, and we did pretty good. I got 3, and he landed about 5 early, and then the fish got fussy. They weren’t moving the bunker much, but we were able to get them dialed in with a “40 count”.

I also got a few more schoolies from shore in the fly, but I think now I’ll mostly concentrate on surfacasting from shore.

Here’s the best one I got today:

lowaccord66

« Reply #118 on: Jul 17, 2022, 06:54 AM »
Nice work Z.  I'm all fired up to go out and crush some giants.

Steve H.

« Reply #119 on: Jul 17, 2022, 05:56 PM »
....but I think now I’ll mostly concentrate on surfacasting from shore.

Nice Zach.  Let me know when you wanna meet up again.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.