FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bank or Boat?  (Read 7820 times)

joefroggy

Re: Bank or Boat?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 11, 2004, 06:53 PM »
The biggest and best change in my fishing was getting on  the water in a boat.
First a canoe, then a rowboat, now a bassboat.  Get to get to much better spots and fish different methods. Can be annoying at times, but worth it for the most part.

Joefroggy

wkules

• Lookin' for EYES !!!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Slipbob,
    I have grown up pretty much fishing many different styles of fishing. Wading, boating, shore fishing, dock fishing, freshwater, saltwater.....name it, and to be quite honest with you the preferred method is a personal choice that only you can truly answer. If you can afford the boat and the expenses of using it the variety of fishing you will open yourself up to is quite exciting. However, if you are content with fishing for whatever species of fish it is you can get from you favorite spot, stick with it.  After all as most of us know, if you are comfortable and catching fish, it's heaven however you go! Good luck and may whatever choice you make keep you happy.
When the tip dips......PULL !!!!
Wayne

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:50 AM »
i fish shore all the time but would love to have a boat.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

TJ

Slipbob-Bank or Boat?
« Reply #33 on: Apr 13, 2004, 02:56 AM »
Boat, but I think by your post you know what you want. Save the bucks & buy some rods, reels & new lures.

JackMagnum

« Reply #34 on: Apr 15, 2004, 05:34 PM »
If given the choice do you like terra firma or floata boata?  I have been thinking about buying a boat this year but keep delaying the decision because I fish one place in particular that allows no boats and has great fishing but it's icefishing or shore only in open water.  When I was young it seems I spent half my life in a boat with my dad or on his friends boat who was a charter captain on lake ontario so I have had my time in boats but now I find something satisfying about bank fishing but I also like to boat fish with family that has boats or on friends boats once in a while.  Shore fishing is easy for me because the place I go is about 20 minutes away and it's so easy I just bring my backpack which holds everything and there is no trailer to deal with,  no launch, no gas for the motor, no marina, no noise,  just your feet on the ground and an uncomplicated setup and of course I know there are some diehard boat guys here but if you had your pick of good fishing meaning you could catch plenty from shore or a boat what would you prefer? 
SLIP BOB,
                            YOU ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE GROWN UP AROUND THE ONTARIO CHARTER BOAT ! WHEN MY KIDS WERE YOUNG I WOULD TAKE THEM OUT THERE ON SOME FISHING CHARTERS.WE HAD SOME GREAT TIMES OUT THERE AND THE LAST FEW TIMES OUT THERE WERE WITH REEL STRIKE CHARTERS OUT FOUR C S MARINA OAK
ORCHARD POINT BREEZE.I ALSO REMEMBER A PRETTY GOOD BREAKFAST BUFFET AS WELL.

Riverjet

« Reply #35 on: Apr 15, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Both as long as it's fishing. i have spots i could not get to in a boat and some i could not get to on foot.
Heaven is a shallow river & a jet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.