FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 151895 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #1080 on: Sep 11, 2021, 05:11 AM »
It’s going to be a good day for it Bob..
 Good luck selling. 
I’m getting ready to load 2500 mums in the truck and deliver them…
Sure hope my help shows up… 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #1081 on: Sep 11, 2021, 01:21 PM »
Bob.brought my float's to work today and showed them to my crew cause a photo dosnt do them justice
They were amazed about right now my wife is delivering the train to my nieces son for his birthday,,,she'll take photos, thanks again!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1082 on: Sep 11, 2021, 04:34 PM »
That’s great Ben.
Had an “ok” day today. Sold some stuff. Lots of kids around. All I had to do was spin a top for them. They got right into it. Some of the parents bought items for the kids.

Tomorrow could be better. They have the final competition. Have to say, it was a lot of fun watching the competition. The “hot saw” round was amazing. As were the chopping rounds.

Tomorrow is another day.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #1083 on: Sep 11, 2021, 06:32 PM »

He loved them Rg and he's very tiered hahaha

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1084 on: Sep 11, 2021, 07:12 PM »
Makes me happy Ben. Thanks for sharing.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1085 on: Sep 12, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Nice…..👍

Does he have a Led Zeppelin shirt on???   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #1086 on: Sep 12, 2021, 08:48 AM »
yes he does dom ... also he likes AC/DC

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1087 on: Sep 12, 2021, 04:37 PM »
Did just ok at the lumberjack festival. I’ve had better days in 3 hours at the farmers market than 2 day @16 hrs there. It was fun watching the competitions though and it was amazing what people were buying. There was a booth with really….really ugly pillows. Saw a bunch of  them carried around the area.

There was a guy down from me with a bunch of CNC routed jewelry boxes, cars, trucks and such. He did really well I think. The stuff looked like direct ship from China to my son and I. Sort of a lesson learned though. I wouldn’t produce stuff like that for anything.

Guess I’m gauging where my market is. Smaller seems way better to me at this point. I’ve been invited to a couple of smallish fall festivals that I think better suits my stuff and me.

In any event, this old elf has got some toys to make this week. Stock is getting thin.

Over all, the best part was watching both kids and adults playing with my little finger spin tops. People, big and small are mesmerized by spinning tops. I made it kind of a play area. And they loved it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1088 on: Sep 13, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Some pics from the lumberjack festival
Some of my stuff

The garden decorations are my Son’s girlfriend’s mom’s creations. (We shared a booth.) The old ladies loved them.

This girl was amazing with an axe.

Don’t think I’d arm wrestle her.

Watched this old fellow most of the day making rustic furniture with a chain saw only from red pine logs.

He did things with a chain saw I’d never even think of. He was easily 80 yrs old and worked all day long. Made 9 pieces from benches to seats with a little table . All wedge fit joinery by eye .never measured anything. Really cool. Also sold everything he made.

This was a “Jack and Jill “ 2 person saw buck competition.

I counted…5 passes to go through a 24” poplar round. It was jaw dropping.

This was a girl in the “hot saw” competition. The saws are home made from motorcycle, snowmobile or some other engine with enough zip. They’re crazy.

They set a new national record for speed . I couldn’t count to 4 before they cut not one, but 3 slices from a 24” poplar round.

Lots of fun to watch.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1089 on: Sep 13, 2021, 02:21 PM »
There always fun to watch..
 When I can I try to go to the one in Boonville..
 That hasn’t happened in a few years….  :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1090 on: Sep 13, 2021, 02:59 PM »
I heard some of the folks talking about that one. Bigger than ours. The fire dept. benefits from ours. So it’s a win…win.

I’d sure like to run their “Lumberjack Breakfast” though. They’re not real good at that. Think I could make it really super. But, all extremely nice people. A very friendly small town affair. Happy to be a neighbor and thankful for all their hard work and services to the community. Great people.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #1091 on: Sep 13, 2021, 05:18 PM »
Looks fun to watch . I wouldn't arm wrestle her either , haha

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1092 on: Sep 14, 2021, 08:30 AM »
The girl that beat her in that competition was half her size. And ….very pretty.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1093 on: Sep 14, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Neighbor dropped off some toy making materials.

Good neighbor!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1094 on: Sep 14, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Train production mode today.

Most of the parts for 6 little trains.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.