FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OYE!  (Read 5048 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: OYE!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2021, 12:32 PM »
Looks like they’re finally getting close to moving out. They’ve been digging holes,  filling them back in then digging in almost the same spot, then filling it back in. Loading up a big pile of road plates and doing some grading now.

I’ll be waiting to see who does the cleanup and repairs to the road and lawns. They sure tore things up.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Aug 30, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Well, they’re still at it.

That’s the end of my driveway they’re removing. They’ve been running mew storm drains. Putting one at the ends of mine and the neighbor’s driveway. I’m pretty happy about that. It’s always been a wet spot..

They’ll be going right across my lawn connecting to another storm drain.

Few more weeks I guess.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2021, 11:43 PM »
I never thought there would ya day in my life that at 12:41 am I'd be on a road on the hood of my truck on a computer working on my crews time and pay quantities!!! And I'll be here till 6am and started at 3 pm yesterday !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2021, 12:39 PM »
You’re a hard working man Ben. I admire that.

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2021, 03:52 PM »

That’s a good shift , hope your hourly 👍

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2021, 06:23 PM »
I never thought there would ya day in my life that at 12:41 am I'd be on a road on the hood of my truck on a computer working on my crews time and pay quantities!!! And I'll be here till 6am and started at 3 pm yesterday !

Nice, I remember doing those, worked all day then headed out in the evening to help out with a night paving to make sure there weren't any problems and working all night cause there was major problems and being back in the next morning bright and early.

gotagetm

« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2021, 11:08 PM »
Yup...and I am hourly labor union!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Yeah, I  did out of town overnight for the first 8 years of my final career. Retrofitting lighting in stores, factories, gas stations and such. I finally said no more. I retired 2 years later. I never minded doing it alone or with one of the few good workers he had. But when the owner  sent a bunch of people with me to try and control it was a real pain.

Let’s just say he didn’t hire many good workers. Mostly the bottom of the barrel who would accept the sweat shop wages he paid them.

Working with my Son mowing  the golf course 3 days a week for 4-5 hours is way more enjoyable. He sent me a message the other day saying my fairways looked really good. Said I made him proud. Gotta love it.

KingPerch

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Bob, I can come over there and help that project in your front yard get done much quicker!!!😁
I know all about the overnight out of town work. The longest stint out of town was when we worked on the Fastrac stores all over NY. Fun work…. Didn’t care to be away from my family very long.
I’ll be the dumb one and never retire. 😁 I enjoy working and, get to work with my son everyday…bonus!! Josh will be 4th generation carpenter/contractor in our family and has his college degrees to take over our business one day. I will most likely work along with him until my inner guy says enough is enough. Going to be awhile!!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2021, 04:38 PM »
I believe that about you and your son. Kindred spirits I’d say. You,  Josh  and your family are really good people. I’m proud to say I know you all.

Life really IS good!

KingPerch

« Reply #25 on: Sep 16, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Thank You my friend!!😎

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Sep 17, 2021, 03:20 PM »
My advice is …. When it’s time to retire, put together a little shop and make wood toys to sell. You won’t get rich but, I can’t explain how much It enriches my life.

Gives a person a chance to explore the creative side without consequences.

The markets are a great social interaction. Something many retired folks lose sight of. Conversing with total strangers is life enhancing. It’s about being involved…being a part of life.

Boy I sound old.

KingPerch

« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2021, 04:00 PM »
Thank You for the advice!! I’ll put that into my brain now. I have lots of tools and a big basement to put a shop into. 😁 I also have fly rods in perfect condition that need to be put to the test as well. That will be way sooner than retirement though.

You and Freddie aren’t old, just seasoned is all. I take in all of the advice you guys give out. He’d like to see me retired yesterday. Lol!!

Life is Good!! End of story!!😎

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2021, 06:14 PM »
Hey, work till you’re tired of working and want to move on. You’ve got a long ways to go and I think Josh will always ask for your help and advice. I know my Son does. I like that.

gotagetm

« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2021, 10:46 PM »

Good advice bob, ide like to quit working listing to this pounder run at midnight gets old ! But training my new help is enjoyable!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.