FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stay Safe on the East Coast with the onset of Hurricane Henri!  (Read 1046 times)

taxid

Don't take your guard down when it's downgraded to a tropical storm or depression. You can still get some massive flooding! In fact it's not the wind that is the greatest threat with these storms. It's the flooding and storm surges!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

Re: Stay Safe on the East Coast with the onset of Hurricane Henri!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Its not bad at all out here.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2021, 11:46 AM »

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2021, 08:35 PM »
Not even a gust over 30 where I live.  Last years tropical storm though...7 days no power.  Boat goes back tomorrow!

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2021, 08:48 AM »
Glad to hear at least some of you dodged the bullet. Last time I was in New England and a hurricane was potentially coming ashore I was trapped in a guy's house, and he and his buddy were having a pot party. I got higher than a kite on the second hand smoke! Must have been some good stuff!

My twin and I had been camping at the former Ft. Devens and they closed the campground. Not wanted to go home yet on our vacation, a colonel's son that worked at the campground invited us to his parent's house. His parents were away for the weekend.

This was way back in 1976.

Then may brother totalled the car taking pictures of trains. He ran a stop sign and got broadsided. (The stop sign had been stolen). And before that we were almost shot by a gate guard at Ft. Devens as we didn't hear his female sidekick tell us to stop. Said they were looking for a car that met our description.

Fishing was great though until the hurricane and accident.

I still call it the vacation from hell.  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Darby

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2021, 12:44 PM »
My group had chartered the Viking Fivestar from the 20th-23rd for a canyon run.  Last year we crushed the fish (15 year old daughter landed a 160lb Bigeye) and this year they were ending trips after a few hours of fishing, with their yellowfin limit.  It sounded like in 1999 when I was running charters to the canyons, and 4 day trips were lasting 18 hours.    I've seen 35-40 foot waves in a 150' offshore tugboat, and no way I wanted to be out there in a 65' fiberglass boat in 30+ footers.  Glad to hear the fleet made it through pretty much unscathed.....already re-booked next year :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.