FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Three Fish This Evening  (Read 780 times)

bogtrotter

Three Fish This Evening
« on: Sep 03, 2021, 05:38 PM »
My office let out early today for the long weekend, so I was able to fish the South Hoosic for an hour or so (from 4:30 PM to a little after 5:30 PM) before dinner.

The weather was sunny and 65 degrees. The river wasn't blown out, but the stream was chocolate milk colored and definitely higher than I prefer.

Starting at Cheshire Harbor,  after eluding me the first three times around, I caught a 12" brown (above the dam for a change) the fourth time that the little @#$%^ struck my line.

Driving downstream to Adams, I parked by Mullen Mayflower and fished from there to the footbridge downstream from the Burnett Bednarz bridge (not to be confused with the local American Legion hall of the same name).

While I didn't have any action across from Mullen Mayflower, I did reel in a 13" rainbow beneath the B/B bridge, and then landed another one just above the footbridge.

lowaccord66

Re: Three Fish This Evening
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2021, 10:32 PM »
Adverse conditions and you caught.  Nice!  For what its worth.  We fished the farmington at 900 cfs.  The other day it hit 12600 and went from 6ft at the guage to 14!

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2021, 06:24 AM »
For what its worth.  We fished the farmington at 900 cfs.  The other day it hit 12600 and went from 6ft at the guage to 14!

Yikes!

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2021, 12:06 PM »
Events like that change things.  Runs change, rocks move.  Should be fun to get out there this fall.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.