FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: All Fished Out  (Read 756 times)

bogtrotter

All Fished Out
« on: Sep 18, 2021, 10:00 PM »
Last night, a friend's son (Kyle) took my younger son and I carp fishing, so today I reciprocated by taking Kyle fishing for trout from 10;30 AM  to 1:30 PM on the North Branch of the Hoosic River in North Adams.

It was a perfect day weatherwise - - mostly sunny, 78 degrees and just a touch of a breeze.

Kyle is a seasoned lake fisherman, but has done very little stream fishing, so this was a different experience for him.

We fished from the Natural Marble Bridge State Park to below the Eclipse Mill dam.

I caught a 14" rainbow at the Park (near where Hudson Brook enters the North Branch) and a 16" rainbow on the northern end of the sand bar island below the roll dam downstream of the Beaver Mill, while Kyle landed a couple 13" to 14" rainbows by Old Glory Rock.

We also missed a couple rainbows apiece along the way, including one that literally jumped over Kyle's head while he was standing waste deep in the stream.

After I brought Kyle home, my appetite for  angling still wasn't sated, so I made a solo trip to the South Branch of the Hoosic in Adams from 2:30 PM to 4:45 PM.

Starting at the Old Stone Mill, I fished all the way down to ALADCO and ended up with a total of eight trout - - three (8" to 9") brookies, two  (one 8" and one 14") browns and two (one 13" and one 16") rainbows.

Then, after a hasty cook out dinner, I ended up taking my younger son and his buddy back to where I caught my PB carp last night - - and although we didn't catch anything this evening, my son did have a carp (about 15" long) on for awhile, before losing it at the shore just as he was trying to net it.

lowaccord66

Re: All Fished Out
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Way to get after it Jim.  That stretch seems to produce most of the time.

zwiggles

Re: All Fished Out
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2021, 11:55 AM »
That’s a good day  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.