FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Toyota next season  (Read 2579 times)

grumpymoe

Toyota next season
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:45 PM »
anyone going to venture a guess as to who is going to be running the new Toyota's in Nextel Cup?  rumor mill is Waltrip is seriously courting Dale Jarrett.....me thinks that will come true.....and all is quiet on the Ward Burton front....how could they not consider hiring this guy for a new ride?....here's what I think might happen.....Waltrip and Jarrett teamed........Ward Burton.......and Kevin Harvick setup with tons of money that will make him a force now and for the future of Toyota's venture into Nascar....why?...he already has Busch and Craftsmen truck ownership and the transition to the big league is too big an opportunity to let them pass this one by....one more....Ricky Rudd......lets see what happens.....Grump

kerosenecounty17

Re: Toyota next season
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Well Grump, Jayski is reporting that Jarrett has given notice to Yates and will be moving over to Toyota next year.  Not suprising, all things considered.

I don't think Happy's going anywhere.  Childress is finally giving him decent equipment, and it sounds like his contract will be all worked out within the week.  If I was a betting man, I'd say it'll be Waltrip, Jarrett, and Robby Gordon.  If I was Toyota, I'd be courting Kvapil.  Give that kid good equipment and he'll tear it up.

kc17

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2006, 06:22 AM »
Well fellas, you are seeing Toyota get their Ducks in a row. MWR looks to be MW, DJ, and possibly Jeremy Mayfield. Red Bull has Brian Vickers now and we are waiting on other announcements. I believe Ward will secure sponsorship and Pilot the 88, wonder if Sadler will jump ship to Evernham though? I thought Sadler and Ward were a dream combination, the same language in the same garage. I don't think Robby is switching to Toyota. With him running DEI engines, his performance has really improved.

Mike

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Well if its a Jap car it should be a Jap driver! Hiro Hiroshima comes to mind But first I want to see how they get through Tech burning rice. Methanol is not allowed in Nascar! I would love to see a all Japanese pit crew they could be known as Kamikaze Krew. one thing for sure they would need a couple Sumo wrestlers 1 for the jackman 1 for the fuel man and a couple tire carriers.  ;D For sure whatever it is it will be interesting.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

esox slayer

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2006, 10:04 AM »
I read yesterday that Bill Elliott is considering a full schedule again..that past champions provisional could be a big help.

I know when Dodge announced they'd be returning to the circuit, I thought their car was fast looking just sitting there...and they had growing pains and still do.  Kahne is doing ok with it this year, but Newman and Mayfield are struggling.  I think the Toyota's are going to have the same issues, but those past CP's will be a big help at getting in the show.

Now that Nissan is in negotiations with GM....will they be running Chevys or Nissans if there is a buyout??  Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.