FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lead core and leader attch  (Read 6595 times)

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
Re: Lead core and leader attch
« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Thanks SEADUCTION.  At present, I have no riggers.  Got to use one last week? on my brother-in-laws boat.  First time for that too! 

I was able to spool the whole 10 colors on a Herter's #12 reel.  Lot's of sentiment with that as it was my Grandfather's who passed away nearly 20 years ago.  Hard part was that as I pulled the last of the ancient mono off I took the snippers to cut the knot and paused.  I was looking at the knot my grandfather had tied at least 30 years ago.  I found it difficult until my wife reminded me that my grandfather would have enjoyed seeing me use his old rod and reel, then snip...off came the last of the mono.  The stuff was as thick as bottom E string on a guitar.

OK, now I have the lead core on and 50 feet of Stren 10# tied with the willis knot.... What do you guys like to use targeting eyes!

In Oneida lake, some of the locals are using various Rapala's in brown or chrome and have been having good luck with jointed Rapalas.

SEADUCKTION

Re: Lead core and leader attch
« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2006, 09:41 AM »
The lures you mentioned are good along with the old style Jr Thundersticks. I would get an assortment of natural colors along with some bright colors. Stop in at Marion Manor and talk to the guys there, they will give you up to date info on colors. Good Luck with the new toys.
 Rich

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.