FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where did this detroit team come from?  (Read 63587 times)

archbishop

Re: where did this detroit team come from?
« Reply #60 on: Sep 03, 2006, 03:49 PM »
hey gambell, if i didnt know better, i would swear you were a mets fan ??? :laugh:

on of my best buddies that is on my softball team is a mets fan, we go back and forth all day :laugh: and we play softball, 5 games in 4 days every week for 4 months, we had alot of good conversations this year :laugh:
this past couple posts just reminded me of that ;D at least he admitted the talent differential :tipup:

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #61 on: Sep 04, 2006, 04:56 AM »
Yes I am a Mets fan.  Their is a slight talent differential.  But you can score more runs when your pitcher does not hit.  The Mets are where they are because of the depth of the team.  They have most of the NL talent on their team. What other team could lose this many pitchers and still keep winning?  Not many.  I always love a good debate. 

archbishop

« Reply #62 on: Sep 04, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Yes I am a Mets fan.  Their is a slight talent differential.  But you can score more runs when your pitcher does not hit.  The Mets are where they are because of the depth of the team.  They have most of the NL talent on their team. What other team could lose this many pitchers and still keep winning?  Not many.  I always love a good debate. 

so do i, lol, thats why i always try to keep them going, its fun, especially about sports :tipup:

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #63 on: Sep 05, 2006, 07:11 AM »
ok HI-JACKERS!!!
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

archbishop

« Reply #64 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:48 AM »
ok HI-JACKERS!!!

lol, you should reneame this thread where did the detroit team go :laugh:

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #65 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:59 AM »
lol, you should reneame this thread where did the detroit team go :laugh:
UMMMMM.........they are still in first......even though they are something like 17-18 there last 35 games.

archbishop

« Reply #66 on: Sep 05, 2006, 09:07 AM »
UMMMMM.........they are still in first......even though they are something like 17-18 there last 35 games.

lol, i know, they are going to finish with a good record, the reason i say the mets wont is they have no one on there heels, they can rest there starters and prepare for the playoffs, the tigers still have to fight :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #67 on: Sep 06, 2006, 10:50 AM »
speaking of NL talent, they are joking that they shouldnt even give out the NL cy young award this year :laugh:
seriously though, they are saying it may go to a relief pitcher of closer because there wont be one starter with 20 wins :tipup:

OneManArmy

• President, Pike Killers of America Club
« Reply #68 on: Sep 06, 2006, 06:28 PM »
If we have another NY tunnel series I'm probably going to throw my TV out!  The two team i despise the most and they might just do it.  I swear that Jeter is on steriods ;)

archbishop

« Reply #69 on: Sep 06, 2006, 06:39 PM »
I swear that Jeter is on steriods ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

im not sure, the mets have a good team, but theyt arent playoff proven, plus they are going to back into the playoffs, which means rest, but also rust ??? if they come out and play like they did majority of the year, your probably right :tipup:

Thestanimal

« Reply #70 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:27 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it...Stankees are going to win another one.  Oakland, Detroit have no shot.  The only thing that stankees have to worry about is if Liriano comes back and pitches like he did earlier in the season.  Liriano and Santana is a very potent 1-2 punch. 
I don't know if that is going to be enough to stifle the stankee offense though.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #71 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:01 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it...Stankees are going to win another one.  Oakland, Detroit have no shot.  The only thing that stankees have to worry about is if Liriano comes back and pitches like he did earlier in the season.  Liriano and Santana is a very potent 1-2 punch. 
I don't know if that is going to be enough to stifle the stankee offense though.

I wouldnt say the tigers have no shot. There pitching has been good, I believe they still lead the league in ERA I agree theyll have to play.better baseball but if their hitting picks back up and their pitching continues they could do well.

archbishop

« Reply #72 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:07 AM »
I wouldnt say the tigers have no shot. There pitching has been good, I believe they still lead the league in ERA I agree theyll have to play.better baseball but if their hitting picks back up and their pitching continues they could do well.

not in the playoffs, they have no experiance, maybe after another 2 or 3 years in the playoffs they may win one, but you have to see that all the other teams have alot of playoff experiance, its a whole different world next month :tipup:

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #73 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:41 AM »
well see Arch . I'm not saying they will do anything playing like they are right now BUT if there hitting comes together they could be tough. How much playoff experience did the White sox have last year. I'm am not by any means guaranteeing anything just don't say they have no chance because of experience.

archbishop

« Reply #74 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:52 AM »
not much since 2000 as a team, but players have, and the tigers havnt had any success for how long? just out of the blue? whoever they get in the first round is going to go the distance, and if they pull it out, they are going to get spanked next :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.