FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Selling my boat - need advice  (Read 1588 times)

davidl

Selling my boat - need advice
« on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:18 AM »
This is not a for sale post so please don't remove.
I am selling my inflatable, I used it with an electric trolling motor and as per the MA law I registered it. I have never bought or sold a registered boat, I have only had to register new or unregistered boats - My new one is a Porta-Bote - What must I do when it gets sold? Am I responsible to transfer the registration to the new owners? Must I file anything with the registery? Or is the new owner responsible for all. What if the new owner is irresponsible and makes trouble without register/transfer? How will I be protected under the law?

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Selling my boat - need advice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2006, 08:57 AM »
I am pretty sure your Bill of Sale is all you need. Look on-line for a blank Bill Of sale. Fill it out completely.
They are required to re-register the boat. I took my trailer plate back to the registry. As for Boat registration (MA ID), they need to re-register with the same hull number. All this info is available on-line.

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/boat-registration.php

davidl

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Thanks Mugz
Maye you can answer for me, Bean seems to be asleep on the job!
Can I post links to online ads for the boat on this forum? Like Craigs list or eBay?
Thanks again

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2006, 07:14 AM »
Nope, you can't post links to the boat. Sorry, rules are rules. If someone PM's you, you can PM a link, but it cannot be publically posted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.