FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pan fish vs Trout  (Read 1685 times)

davidl

Pan fish vs Trout
« on: Oct 10, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Went out today to try and catch some trout but all's i got was crappie, bluegills and perch. I tried trolling a small inline-spinner bait, caught a gill, jigging in 30 fow with a crawler, caught a crappie, then a perch. It got cloudy in early PM and fish were jumping all over the pond but I just can't seem to get into a trout. Can anybody give some tips?

massfisher

Re: Pan fish vs Trout
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Were you fishing at browning for trout because i know that you like to fish there a lot.  Well i was there last week and the fish were 21 feet down to 24 feet down and then right before it got dark they started taking flat lines with a bouyant spoon.  on top trolling in the shallows on the boat ramp end

davidl

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Yeah I was there, good one ;). I saw the fish on my graph a little deeper, about 25-30 fow, jigging with a worm got me a crappie though. When I tried tro troll the flats I got gills, I was using a small spinner that stays on or near the top, I took sharp turns so that it would sink as a zigzagged. I have also caught boatloads of gills with a'trout magnet' over the shallows, go figure  ???

massfisher

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I would try again right before dark up in those shallows because they will hold there with the water temperatures dropping.  you should try a bronze or copper bouyant on the back with red white and black dots on the front or a copper colorado.  They might even hit a streamer gettting pulled acroos the top they loved the streamers there this spring. good luck when you go again.

davidl

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2006, 07:38 PM »

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:52 PM »
I suggest you fry those little panfish coated with a little dry pancake mix, add a little tarter sauce and forget the trout  ::)  Just my humble opinion. ;D

davidl

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2006, 10:04 AM »
bwalleye
You may be humble but your opinion is a noble one indeed! :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.