FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Looking for Sporting Camps  (Read 6686 times)

Little Brown Dog

Looking for Sporting Camps
« on: Apr 01, 2004, 06:43 PM »
I'm looking for some sporting camps in the northwest part of the state, say from the greater Moosehead region south and west.  I talked my wife into going up, but she needs some of the comforts of home, while I go fishing.  I mostly fish for Touge or Brookies.  Does anyone know of some good places?
Thanks,
LBD

Out4Trout

Re: Looking for Sporting Camps
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:27 PM »
This site should have everything you're looking for.  http://www.mainerec.com/lodging.asp?Category=8&PageNum=8

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:37 AM »
Thanks, I've looked a lot on line, but I was hoping that some people on here would know of one of those places that only advertizes by word of mouth.  I lived in Maine for a few years and saw quite a few places like that, but now I can't find any information about them.

FLAG

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:41 AM »
Try Sally Mountain cabins or Cozy Cove cabins in Jackman. Great fishing in the Spring.....

Mike G

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2004, 09:04 AM »
Little Brown Dog,
You can Private Message me anytime.  I'll help you out, but I don't want to post any commercial stuff here.
Mike

loveice

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2004, 05:56 PM »
to bad west grand will be hot for salmon and lakers and good lodging but thats like eastern part of the state. ::)

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Ya, It's a long drive over there for just a long weekend.  If I could swing a week off then it may be worth the trip.

trout_1_seek

« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2004, 03:51 PM »
moose river memories...great place.cable tv.monitor heat...every luxory of home its right on the moose fiver in rockwood

marten

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2004, 04:57 PM »
 moose river memories best camp on river great set up. AAAAAAAAAAAAA  good prices they have a web site

KLC

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:41 PM »
want some good fishing...............try pierce pond!!

FLAG

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:59 PM »
when do you fish Pierce Pond. is it good right after Iceout?? or is it better to wait for the hatches to take place? I have tried this a few times but never really slammed them????

Cider

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Check with Bosebuck on the Magallaway in Rangeley.  I have heard good things about that camp.  Supposed to be great brook trout fisheries in the area.  I haven't personally stayed there, but I have talked with several people who go regularly.  They do have all the comforts of home and the fees cover lodging, meals, canoe rental etc.

http://www.bosebuck.com

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:55 PM »
My father stayed at Peirce Pond a few times and liked it.  Think I found a place in Jackman that will fit the bill.  Thank you to all who gave ideas.  Just wish the wife enjoyed camping in the tent as much as i do.  Then I know a ton of places I'd like to get back to!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2004, 08:08 PM »
little brown dog..my wife hated the tent thing too!got me a popup we camp all summer long now!!!! she loves it!
Scotty 

KLC

« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2004, 01:42 PM »
when do you fish Pierce Pond. is it good right after Iceout?? or is it better to wait for the hatches to take place? I have tried this a few times but never really slammed them????
well rather than pick a great fishing time, i have to settle for when I have time..............but I prefer right after ice out.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.