FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Power Bait..  (Read 3520 times)

Frank-Ma

Power Bait..
« on: Mar 18, 2007, 01:25 PM »
In the spring I fish with power bait, #10 gold hook, a 24" leader, and a sliding sinker on my main line, and have caught a lot of trout with this rig using a bait feeder reel, and a ul spinning rod..Most of the time I fish with 2 poles, I debar the hook and return most of the trout if not damage, and use the nugget power bait.
would like to know your method using power bait....Frank-Ma

Rumrunner

• I think we're leanin'........
Re: Power Bait..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I have never had much lck with that but my party has had luck with salted minnows.
M.I.R.C.

cheffy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27 PM »
      I use a slip bobber with the powerbait,a 1/32 oz jig suspended just off the bottom. Also like to use a bell weight on a tri swivel with a 2-3 ft line to a plain hook baited with powerbait.

Frank-Ma

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:25 PM »
This last week I went fishing for trout Mon thru Fri, I was using a 1/2oz slip sinker and a 6' leader and a #8 hook with power bait, my pole was 8' the 1/2oz sinker put me out into the pond a country mile and the 6' leader kept my power bait above the weeds and I limited out each day, I think I must of been on a spring in the pond fish the same location each day.....

fishnfrnzy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:12 AM »
anyone have any luck with powerbait for browns? if so what color? do you use the nuggets?

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Crappie go nuts over the Berkley Crappie Nibbles.  It doesn't seem to matter what color but just draggin them behind the boat on a jig , never fails.

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.