FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling for Mackinaw/Lakers....Flasher Techniques...  (Read 5433 times)

Neptune

This is really a question more than a statement...  Does anyone use flashers when trolling for Lakers?  What Kind? Size?  What do you use behind it....Coho Flies?  Spoons?  Dead Bait?

I haven't fished for Lakers using flashers but have heard it is one the most productive methods...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Good Fishing!

CAPTJJ

Re: Trolling for Mackinaw/Lakers....Flasher Techniques...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Never used a flasher, but O dodgers work good, with flies or bait.

A dodger fly combo took this 15+ pounder:

RLWagner

• Rock-Bassin-Assasin!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I like to use Cow Bells down by the mud, if dragging cannon balls. Works well with squid, fly or fish lookin lure, but not one that dives, as you will already be on the bottom.
Look...Is it a plane? train? a speeding bullet? ...No...it's a Rock Bass!http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/RLWagner/th_5d7a43d1.jpg[/img][/URL]

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2007, 09:29 PM »

Cowbells and peanuts all the way.  Above is picture proof.  The top fish is 24lbs. 11 oz. and the bottom fish is 23lbs. 15 oz.  Flashers and flies do catch some lakers for me but they are by accident.  Usually the slobs are laying on the bottom looking for easy pray.  I have landed many 20+ lb. lakers on peanut and cowbell rigs.  I have only caught a couple (2 or 3) on flashers / Dodgers and flies. 

pyle

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2007, 05:37 AM »
show off :D

TroutFishinTommer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 04:47 PM »
The hottest thing on the lake that I fish for lakers last summer was a white flasher/dodger and an ultraviolet or white g-fly. Many times this was the only thing that the lakers would touch, but you could count on it working every time you used it last year. I have also found that no matter what you use for lake trout, a little scent on your lure always helps. Lakers follow the scent to catch their prey many times.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death-It's MUCH more important.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.