peple of the perch

Re: how
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:27 PM »
is it basically using a floating jig

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2004, 10:14 PM »
is it basically using a floating jig

Nope.  Live bait suspended under a float in a drag free drift using very long poles (10-15 ft) and a center pin reel for very delicate presentations on finicky fish!  Go to the link that reelinroly posted and you will find a ton of great info!

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2004, 08:47 AM »
NOT JUST LIVE BAIT, WE USE A LOT OF FLYS AND JIGS UNDER FLOATS, DONT LIMIT YOURSELF.

Okay, traditionally speaking, float fishing started out as a means to present live bait.  Yes, some people do use artificial equipment in modern float fishing, but historically speaking it was a live bait method of fishing.

peple of the perch

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:01 AM »
ive gone to that web and i dont understand it do i have to log in first

peple of the perch

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2004, 05:13 PM »
can someone post a pic of float fishing im still confused on how to do it

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2004, 10:35 PM »
hey P.O.T.P.,

Ok this is how you do it. Tie a hook on to your main line (a long shank hook), put about 3 to 4 split shoots on your line about 10cm above the hook. Get a what you call a slip bober, it's not actualy a bober it's a float that has a spring on it's bottom that the line can run trough. If you put your line in the water and the float stands upright then your hook is above the bottom. Now if it is sitting flat on the water it is touching the bottom and you want it just a little above the bottom (or depends what you fish for and where you expect the fish to be at.) There is other more complex ways of fishing with a float. There is hundreds of float designs that each are made for different waters, bait, and fish species your fishing for. I use to do a lot of that complicated float fishing in europe. Here tho it seems that the fish are not as picky so I just use the simplest method there is. It works great I fish that way a lot and catch anything but catfish like that. FOr bait I use minows, worms, maggots, bread, corn, boillies, sweet patato, live bait and so on.

Try it out if you want and let me know how you do, I'll try to post some pictures on here for you.
People who work don't know how to fish!!

peple of the perch

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:54 PM »
 what would i use instead

Tournament Drifter

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2004, 08:39 PM »
try this...http://www.floatfishing.net/  http://www.redwingtackle.com.   click on blackbird floats...

peple of the perch

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2004, 04:02 PM »
its basically fishing with a bobber. right

Tournament Drifter

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Yea...  Basically, float fishing is bobber, or cork fishing!   However it's been highly refined with equiptment as well as tactics.. Work's great, as well as there is a current to provide a drift... other wise it's just bobber fishing!!!

peple of the perch

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2004, 08:14 PM »
i went to canada over the weekedn and i think that everyone that was fishing was fishing that was

peple of the perch

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2004, 06:49 PM »
i went to canada over the weekedn and i think that everyone that was fishing was fishing that was
     let me rephrase that i went to canada over the weekend and i think that everyone their was fishing that way because it was a fast running river and it was how everyone discribed it

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Aug 10, 2004, 05:36 PM »
MAINLY PPL IN ONTARIO FLOAT FISH, FLY FISH, OR TOOS LURES OUT TO CATCH FISH. IF YA GUYS WANNA KNOW SOME GOOD TATICS LET ME KNOW, I WILL SHOW YA SOME

Let's hear it GOS!! ;D  The time is almost upon us!!  I'm fishing the lake one more time next week and them will be focusing on the river.  I'd like to have a few more tricks in my bag before heading out.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2004, 07:03 AM »
Very nice GOS!!  Now how about some info on the terminal end.  Specific offerings such as fly patterns, soft plastics, bait and skien.  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.