FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: King Salmon Fever!!!  (Read 15566 times)

fishermanjake

King Salmon Fever!!!
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:45 AM »
I was looking at some pictures it took last season and I started to get the itch to go do some king salmon fishing.  I hope this fires up all you salmon fishermen out there.  The first pic is of my brother, he's a great fishing buddy and takes good pictures as well.

And if thats not enough, heres a few short clips of one i caught last season
http://asuaf.org/~fishermanjake/spring03/
click on the files king1 and king2, any media player should open them.

DIRTBALL2

Re: King Salmon Fever!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:23 AM »
Your brother does look like a good  egg. Reminds me of my own brother. He takes lousy pictures though. Those are some awesome kings you guys got. I've only caught them like that over in Lake Michigan. What were you catching them on? I once had a king hit a Northport Nailer so hard that he ripped the hook right out! Sure would love to know what size he was. Where did you catch those kings? Somewhere I could never hope to get to, I would imagine. Kings rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:12 AM »
AWESOME it is my drema to get one of those things.  What do they bite on when they are running the rivers?  Did you get them in a lake or river?
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

fishermanjake

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:36 AM »
the one i have with the boat I caught in Cook Inlet with trolling herring.  The rest we caught drifting chartruse yarn in the inter tidal zone of the Ninilchik River.  These places are in Ninilchik, Alaska.  By the way, my brother is a very good egg...even though all his old friends are going the wrong way in highschool, he doens't follow them for a second.  Oh well about the pictures, I like them, and hes the only one who can figure out my camera :).  He's a great fishing buddy and friend and thats what counts.

fishermanjake

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:16 PM »
well i better throw some silvers in from last fall for good measure :D

video 117_1793.AVI           
http://asuaf.org/~fishermanjake/fall03/

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:26 PM »
Nice fish Jake,  Ninilchik is a nice place to fish.  I fished deep creek years back and had a blast.  Good goin' on the kings!

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:54 AM »
FISHERMANJAKE, Are you aware of how dam lucky you are to live in AK? Bet you are still ice fishing too! Here in Minnesota we are already losing our ice. I fondly remember how great it was to live in AK from the year I was fortunate to spend there. That was many years ago though so I can't place where Cook Inlet is or the Ninilchik River is. The only area's I can remember very well are Anchorage and Fairbanks. Actually spent most of my time at Ft Greeley near Delta Junction. My wife never has to worry about me leaving her for another woman but she might have to worry about me leaving for ALASKA!
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

wny angler

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2004, 01:06 PM »
those are some fine looking fresh salmon,those things are great smoked.
your lucky, we get some nice ones here in newyork ,but ours our contaminated
with chemicals-they still put up some great battles though

cnyfishing

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2005, 02:40 PM »
those are some great looking kings... I can't wait until fall
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Sweet pics, they really got me looking forward to june which is when the kings run on kodiak. I have fished a lot of alaska but have not really fished your area, guess now i have a great reason to go ;D
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Ok well most likely everyone's seen them by now but this is the salmon thread so here goes:

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 01:04 PM »
only 120 days away for us!!

here's a couple of big cohos

unfortunately ours aren't safe to eat, so aside from 1 or 2 exceptionally fresh fish, i release them all...espcecially the cohos.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Up In AK a guy  I worked with kept these to put on the wall some day.   2 chums and a king.   

Wish I could be back up there for the Kings, casting for pinks I somehow managed to snag about a 30 pounder in the caudal on a medium rod,     never heard a drag scream like that before.       I saw a 40 or 50 pounder to.    Compared to the pinks and the occasional Chum the thing was monstrous.
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

akdg

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 07:12 AM »
Just noticed this thread, and it got me all fired up for king fishing!  Thanks everyone- the only problem is I still have two weeks till I can start catching some.  Here's one to add to the pile. :D

akdg

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2006, 06:21 AM »
It's almost time again :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:  fishbio824's post got me thinking about this post of Jakes from last year.  Talked to buddy of mine up in AK yesterday and they are already doing well with the kings.  Watch out kings here I come :flex:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.