FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cannon Mag 10 HS Downrigger- Ion Control Feature  (Read 5330 times)

Scientist

Cannon Mag 10 HS Downrigger- Ion Control Feature
« on: Jul 25, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I was thinking about buying a new Cannon Mag 10 HS Downrigger. It has the positive-ion control. This is supposed to attract fish but I am a little skeptical. I replaced all my current downrigger cables to the super-line type to eliminate the humming noise from the steel cable,  but they are manual and don’t have the ion feature. Obviously if I replace the cable on the Mag 10 it will not conduct electricity. So, my question is does it really work???? Any input would be great because if it does not work then I’ll upgrade my electronics instead

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
Re: Cannon Mag 10 HS Downrigger- Ion Control Feature
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2007, 02:43 PM »
I was thinking about buying a new Cannon Mag 10 HS Downrigger. It has the positive-ion control. This is supposed to attract fish but I am a little skeptical. I replaced all my current downrigger cables to the super-line type to eliminate the humming noise from the steel cable,  but they are manual and don’t have the ion feature. Obviously if I replace the cable on the Mag 10 it will not conduct electricity. So, my question is does it really work???? Any input would be great because if it does not work then I’ll upgrade my electronics instead

We used the Uni troll ones for years and switched to the Mag 10's with the positive ion control feature.  I never noticed any difference.  If you think about it unless your right in a school of fish are they going to fallow your boat because of a charge in the water.  I think that your lure presentation is what makes the difference.  They are awesome downriggers and I strongly recommend them. 

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

Neptune

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2007, 11:16 AM »
What is the make and model of that replacement line you put on that doesn't "Sing".  I tell my kids that the "Singing" wire is Mermaids trying to lure them into the water...  :)

All Cannons are nice man...I have Scotty's but that's because I didn't have enough Benjamins for the Cannons!!

Good Fishing!

Mooter

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2007, 11:17 AM »
What is the make and model of that replacement line you put on that doesn't "Sing".  I tell my kids that the "Singing" wire is Mermaids trying to lure them into the water...  :)

All Cannons are nice man...I have Scotty's but that's because I didn't have enough Benjamins for the Cannons!!

Good Fishing!

Man I love the Singing of The Wires

Neptune

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2007, 11:18 AM »
Ya I hear ya Moot!

I can tell if I'm trolling at the right speed by the sound of the wire... (I've fished with Downriggers since I was 9 and I'm now 40...OUCH!)

Good Fishing!

Mooter

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2007, 11:32 AM »
40  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

just kiddin buddy

Scientist

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2007, 12:49 PM »
What is the make and model of that replacement line you put on that doesn't "Sing". 
I use Cabela's Depth Trac Downrigger Line Item:IH-012999,  300ft costs $32. It is a135lb test super line. I matched it with a 13lb pancake weight and I know that the weight is directly under the boat even in 180 feet of water and the fish finder picks it up with no problem.

Neptune

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Thanks Scientist I'll check that out!

Good Fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.