FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ice OUT  (Read 4728 times)

Bigfish57

Ice OUT
« on: Apr 12, 2004, 05:33 AM »
Lots of places will be going Ice free this week with all this rain coming. Now lets hope for 50's and *GASP* 60's!
Anthony

fishboy1

• I like pickled sticklebacks
Re: Ice OUT
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2004, 08:28 AM »
Anthony-
Megunticook out?? I fished Damariscotta on Saturday....most of the waters around here are free of ice!!
I love my pimped out 66 Corson

Maine Fisherman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2004, 08:06 PM »
Fishboy1, Is the Ice out of Damariscotta? I've never fished it but want to get the boat out. Its not far from home either. How did you do when you fished it Saturday?

Bigfish57

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2004, 05:39 AM »
last night I switched from fishing the river to heading up to Megunticook lake. It is open enough to troll and fish from the shore in many good spots. I had a very nice rainbow follow my dubble loon spinner in and strike at it, but he missed 2 feet from the rock I was on :P I should have been in a canue and I bet I would have done better. After all the rain I am headed back, I also plan on haveing the boat in the water this weekend preparing for trolling the following weekend. If things are looking good I'll let you know and we could bring a canue if the wind is low.
Anthony

fishboy1

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2004, 07:13 AM »
Anthony-
just fished Damariscotta for an hour Sat. night (I was all set to head up to Sabattus in the morning but my girlfriends car was not turning over so I had to give her mine to go to work)
I hooked a brown within 20 minutes....it decided to spit my wobbler at me after a couple of jumps out of the water..nice fighter....guess he didn't like the taste of those hooks!
I've been doing ok with the brookies on a small pond close to here...3 over 16" .....the minimum on the pond is 18".....tough to throw back a 17 1/2 inch-3 pound male but hopefully he'll find my hook again!
-Weav

fishboy1

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2004, 07:19 AM »
Fishboy1, Is the Ice out of Damariscotta? I've never fished it but want to get the boat out. Its not far from home either. How did you do when you fished it Saturday?
Fisherman-
the ice is out of Damariscotta (the only spot with ice is the northern end of great bay near the state park - and a few spots in the narrows) We put in off the Vannah Road in Nobleboro...just off Rt. 1)
Biscay and Pemaquid are also out.........

memtsman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2004, 08:26 AM »
 Hi all. The boy and I fished Pinkham pond in Alna yesterday. 2 hours no fish. I guess those 140 brookies stocked last fall must of become bass feed. ??? Hey fishboy1 that little pond you got the big brookies in. :-X  If its the same one I fish you can get them over the 18 inch minimum. I got a few over the last couple of years, mostly on nymph imitations. I hoping to get to it some evening this week. Good luck all. ;D

fishboy1

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:10 AM »
memtsman-
I think we're talking about the same little pond  :-X !!  yeah, got my canoe down there....paddled my butt off the last few days.....got a nice female off the station last night trolling a spoon.....saw some nice rises so your nymphs should be the answer very soon....I don't do a lot of casting but will probably give it a go once we get a good hatch in a week or so....I'm in a blue canoe trolling a flyrod....you'll probably see me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.