FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Montana Fishing Pics.  (Read 184945 times)

Zoo Angler

Re: Montana Fishing Pics.
« Reply #105 on: Sep 01, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Nice fish Jim!

OUTHNTN

• "CRANK IT, YANK IT & SLAP IT ON THE GRILLE!"
« Reply #106 on: Sep 11, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Here's a few pics from Peck a few weeks ago.

My son tempting fate! Fortunately pike don't survive warm livewells for long.  Caught the pike throwing spoons over submerged trees.  This is where superlines pay off as once you got bit you had to reel like those bassmaster pro's you see on TV or the fish would dive for the safety of the trees below!  Due to this we lost a quite a few large pike but still managed to get these 5-9 lb fish in the boat.  

This 10 lb mac had an FWP tag.  Just got the history of the fish back and thought it was interesting so I'll share.  It was tagged on 11/8/2006 off the face of the dam and was 26.9 inches and 6.6 lbs.  It was 10.4 lbs when we caught it end of August near Haxby Point and approximately 30" (didn't put a tape on it, just guessing).  FWP estimates its age at 15 years.  Makes me wonder how old a 20 lb lake trout is?!

My son getting some help reeling in a sub 10 lb mac!  I was holding the pole with my left hand as he reeled and snapped this pic with my cell phone and free hand.  It took 3 pics to get one good photo before quickly netting and releasing.  Amazing enough the fish dove straight down so hopefully it survived.  You can see the fish in the water near the end of the net

In the net...

Cornbread

« Reply #107 on: Sep 12, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Nice pike and macs!
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

Neptune

« Reply #108 on: Mar 09, 2012, 10:30 AM »
That was a calm day on Peck!!!  You gotta love those...I've only fished it when its been slightly windy and REALLY windy!

streamside

« Reply #109 on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:18 PM »
I really hate this "between" season, no ice, wind, mud. So  I was bored and put together a slide show of one of my cousins and I on a trip last summer, with music. C'mon summer!

http://videobam.com/iLxis
There are so many things that are true, even if they never really happened

Lundin-loading

« Reply #110 on: Mar 19, 2012, 08:31 PM »

The ole trick shot
Beauty

Lundin-loading

« Reply #111 on: Mar 19, 2012, 08:46 PM »
An oldy, but a good one

Beauty

bquick

« Reply #112 on: Mar 20, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Fisherman's Prayer:
I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast, I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep;
That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP!

Ice cracker

« Reply #113 on: Mar 22, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Montanta fishing look incredible
Yeh Dude

robbi

« Reply #114 on: Mar 22, 2012, 05:27 PM »
I've fished Maine and I've fished Montana.  Loved both, but for interior fishing Montana takes it......However.......the Maine coast is awesome and we are no where near a coast here.....:)

RAM1961

« Reply #115 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Well let's see.....I can be to Rock Creek Marina on Fort Peck in 8 hours and I can be to Lincoln City, OR in 10 hours......the coast ain't that far off.... ;D

robbi

« Reply #116 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Well, when you put it like that.........lol.......you're right.  When I was in Maine I was at the furthest northern point, so even the coast there was hours away.....:)

Pout

« Reply #117 on: Mar 29, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Bow right around 24" in spawning colors near Helena.  Fishing all by my lonesome and didn't get a picture of the larger fish, easily 25-26, so no proof, but it DID happen!

robbi

« Reply #118 on: Mar 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Beautiful.........just beautiful.....

Pout

« Reply #119 on: Mar 30, 2012, 01:02 PM »
This one's not a fish, but I snapped it while fishing.  Was walking down the bank when I noticed fresh blood on the rocks.  Looked around a bit and there was this fella munching on a northern water vole that he'd just killed.  My buddy and I watched him for about 20 minutes while he ate 'em.  Started at the head and peeled the vole down just like a sock!  I worked as a crew leader on a small mammal project, and we'd see some pretty messed up stuff when two critters were in the same trap.  But this was the first time that I actually got to watch it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.