FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Montana Fishing Pics.  (Read 184401 times)

Cornbread

Re: Montana Fishing Pics.
« Reply #180 on: Aug 12, 2012, 12:35 AM »
37", 14lbs:
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #181 on: Aug 12, 2012, 01:03 AM »
Nice one buddy!

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

wally13

« Reply #182 on: Aug 12, 2012, 01:57 AM »
nice fish that a real hog nice pic good job

taxid

« Reply #183 on: Aug 12, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Some of our lakes are incredibly fertile (Noxon comes to mind) and some of those fish seem like they are as big around as they are long.  Fish from lone pine res just 60 or 70 miles away are snakey and rarely get over 4-5lbs.  Each system has different potential, and we happen to have a few lakes (and rivers, see flathead and clark fork) that produce fish that resemble a bowling ball more than a hammerhandle. It's the girth that counts (where have I heard that before;).

I don't even live in Montana and I concur with your Montana guys that these fish weigh as much as you say they do. Why? Because I have a friend in Montana that is also a taxidermist and he can not order a commercial manikin large enough in girth  to fit the pigs you guys catch. He has to custom carve them.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Cornbread

« Reply #184 on: Aug 12, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Kind of a cool thing about that fish is earlier yesterday I went up to the huckleberry festival in trout creek and on my way back I spotted a garage sale that had fishing rods at it. I have been needing a new rod because I broke my old one and have been using a heavy trolling rod that stinks for doing a lot of casting. So I thought "well rather than wear my arm out yet again I'll go look at the garage sale". The guy had a nice medium weight 6.5' rod for sale so I bought it for a dollar. Caught the fish pictured above on it just a few hours later, its my new favorite rod, I call it "Bucky" because he cost me a buck :)
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

Neptune

« Reply #185 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Where'd you pull the hog from Corny?

Cornbread

« Reply #186 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Where'd you pull the hog from Corny?

Flathead river.

drsnag

« Reply #187 on: Aug 16, 2012, 06:36 AM »

31 inches.... it maxed out my 8 pound scale so I'm not sure how much it weighed. We estimated it at 13-15 pounds.
nice fish :o :o

drsnag

« Reply #188 on: Aug 16, 2012, 06:53 AM »
Was gonna ask if she was......Good for you bro......that's a good size to be back in the water.......Congrats!!
that makes some one esle happy

Lundin-loading

« Reply #189 on: Aug 21, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Took a short trip, had one full day of fishing, Started the day off with a super chunky 21" Cabinet Gorge Res walleye!!

Hit the Clarkfork closer to plains and smoked the smallies!!!

Sorry about the crappie cell phone pics
Beauty

Kokee Roberts

« Reply #190 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Nice fish Lundin! Do you catch walleye at Cabinet Gorge regularly?

Lundin-loading

« Reply #191 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:14 PM »
That was the first time I've ever fished the Clarkfork system. I've heard of them being in Noxon, I made the trip for smallies. I was slow trolling along and picked up a huge mark, dropped a jig to bottom and boom fish on! Tons of forage in there, ill be back for smallies and walleye specifically!
Beauty

JayHelfrich

• My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #192 on: Aug 21, 2012, 10:52 PM »
That was the first time I've ever fished the Clarkfork system. I've heard of them being in Noxon, I made the trip for smallies. I was slow trolling along and picked up a huge mark, dropped a jig to bottom and boom fish on! Tons of forage in there, ill be back for smallies and walleye specifically!

When we going?  I'll drive!

Jay
Take a kid fishing now and they will return the favor later!

Cornbread

« Reply #193 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:46 PM »
I took my brother up to Cabinet Gorge today to fish for green carp aka "bass", here he is with his biggest fish of the day.

He is 6'5" 300lbs for size reference:

Lundin-loading

« Reply #194 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Dang, hell of a Larry!!!! If it wasn't such a trip I would definitely be an addict, Thanks again for the info Andy! Im already thinking about when I can get up there again, really wish I fished more when I lived up north...hindsight... When you off again Jay?
Beauty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.