FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Montana Fishing Pics.  (Read 184599 times)

pointbar

Re: Montana Fishing Pics.
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44 AM »
I would rather catch 10 trout 5-10 lbs than one 20 lb northern.  I caught a 22 lb northern and its was ok but one was enough.   There is only so much to eat out there and northerns eat a lot of other fish. Plus, they have a fishy taste unless eaten fresh.

What upsets me more is FWP putting that lame Arlee rainbow trout strain back in the Missouri River system. It used to be the FWP RBT  strain in CF back in the 80s. I believe that is the strain that dies after 2 years, will not reproduce, and has terrible taste and texture.  Not even any good smoked.  FWP must be trying to attract the out-of-state-fly-rodding-catch-and-release do gooders.

NONYA

« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Nice little 22" butter ball from yesterday...

Released into peanut oil and seasoned with alpine touch and cayenne!

walleyelooker

« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2014, 07:52 PM »
I would rather catch 10 trout 5-10 lbs than one 20 lb northern.  I caught a 22 lb northern and its was ok but one was enough.   There is only so much to eat out there and northerns eat a lot of other fish. Plus, they have a fishy taste unless eaten fresh.

What upsets me more is FWP putting that lame Arlee rainbow trout strain back in the Missouri River system. It used to be the FWP RBT  strain in CF back in the 80s. I believe that is the strain that dies after 2 years, will not reproduce, and has terrible taste and texture.  Not even any good smoked.  FWP must be trying to attract the out-of-state-fly-rodding-catch-and-release do gooders.

ok did you eat hat 20 pounder if so that was you problem for having a ''fishy taste'' northerns don't have a fishy taste trout do just like salmon and the best ones are the small ones and you have to take the skin off and wash them in salt water
bait 'n' beer

MatCat

« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2014, 11:43 AM »
Please try to keep this thread for pictures and atta boys, if you want to talk about the palatable qualities or the management of different species, by all means start a new thread.  Not trying to be a dick, just trying to focus.
Has an understanding wife.

walleyelooker

« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Please try to keep this thread for pictures and atta boys, if you want to talk about the palatable qualities or the management of different species, by all means start a new thread.  Not trying to be a dick, just trying to focus.

sorry got a little carried away
bait 'n' beer

Lundin-loading

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2014, 10:19 PM »

Beauty

walleyelooker

« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2014, 11:51 PM »
nice eyes those from the stone
bait 'n' beer

NONYA

« Reply #457 on: May 17, 2014, 06:59 PM »
The best of 9 eyes I boated today...

hardwater

« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Ya'll suck :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :pinch:

Fishin n Wishin

« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Caught this surprise last weekend at Tongue River Reservoir....yes in the reservoir.  Was hungry for a wedding ring and a large Minnow Bucket minnow!!

bullseyez

« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Nice fish! I'd post a few pics from Rock Creek last week but I can't seem to make it work, all it does is copy the link not the picture.

robbi

« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Bullseyez...........when in photobucket and you click on the picture you want........to the right you get a choice of links........click on the IMG link and it'll copy.  Paste it here and hit post.........should work........if it doesn't......post it anyway and maybe someone can figure it out for you......

missoulafish

« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2014, 05:24 PM »
Here you go Bull.
I think all three links you posted point to the same picture :)

Lundin-loading

« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2014, 05:42 PM »
if you copy the direct link, then you have to click on the tiny picture icon that inserts this---->[img ][ /img] then you paste the direct link in-between the brackets. if you just copy the img link it already puts this------>[img ][ /img] into the link.
Beauty

robbi

« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2014, 06:30 PM »
amazing how different in color those eyes are from what I catch around here...........good lookin fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.