FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: homemade down rigger ideas  (Read 5132 times)

d3

homemade down rigger ideas
« on: Mar 08, 2008, 03:31 PM »
IK amlooking to make a rough downrigger set up for a 16 foot john boat that I have a trolling motor on.  I want to keep it simple as possible.  I am thinking of mounting slamm reel on the inside of the boat to hold abot 50 feet off downrigger type line then I need to figure out a way to make the break away clips.  I have some ideas but would like to hear any input on this topic.  I do not want to go crazy I just want to be able to get down when the activity gets up on the lake.   Some probaly think I am nuts but that is OK because I know I am nuts.  Thank you in advance.

Don

er-e-is

Re: homemade down rigger ideas
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2008, 09:02 PM »
We made one years ago out of a 2 circles cut out of plywood, drilles a series of holes around the outside and inserted wooden dowell rods to form a spool, a piece of conduit with a pulley on the end. A "C" clamp or 2 to mount it to the boat. Cant really remember how we mounted it all together but it worked OK. A clothes pin or one of those "Chip Clips" used for sealing up a potato chip bag would work for a release. A old sock with a few rocks for a downrigger ball. Good Luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.