FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How do "you"fish for rainbows and browns  (Read 8926 times)

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
Re: How do "you"fish for rainbows and browns
« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2008, 02:45 PM »
The best way to troll a streamer is when there is a chop on the water, this creates action. Also I hold my rod and work it a lot. I'll pull it up forward and then let it drift back, repeat. What this does is when it drifts  the feathers open up and when you pull forward the feathers collaps back down. This creates a lot of action and strikes. Hope it helps. Try and match the patern of the fly to whatever the bait fish is in your lake. Usually the shop owner can help with that.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 05, 2008, 02:58 PM »
cool. we have alwives in most of our lakes.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

troutaddict33

« Reply #17 on: Jun 07, 2008, 10:55 AM »
The best way to troll a streamer is when there is a chop on the water, this creates action. Also I hold my rod and work it a lot. I'll pull it up forward and then let it drift back, repeat. What this does is when it drifts  the feathers open up and when you pull forward the feathers collaps back down. This creates a lot of action and strikes. Hope it helps. Try and match the patern of the fly to whatever the bait fish is in your lake. Usually the shop owner can help with that.

Exactly what he said...  i second the grey ghost also. i believe it's because it looks more like the fish's natural color. also orange produces many hits and sometimes the red ones with white/black striped feathers (don't know the name). The bright colors are somehow supposed to represent a stressed smelt  ??? As weird as it may seem you could also jig one behind the boat in the propwash or if you use an electric just behind the boat where the water is swashing around. it creates action on the surface of the water and the fish come to check out whats going on. i know a lot of old guides used to do this and i caught an 8 lb laker in the propwash only 12 feet from the boat earlier this year. This is more for LLS and lakers i think but im sure itd be worth trying and could produce some nice fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.