FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mouse Flys  (Read 2930 times)

amazinmoose

Mouse Flys
« on: Mar 28, 2006, 03:53 PM »
any one try these mouse flies?  or any other mouse pattarn??  anyone tie them?? thx -moose 

http://www.ffinternet.com/html/flytying_dries_bm.htm

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
Re: Mouse Flys
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Yeah and Trout EXPLODE on them late spring especialy at dusk I used one a few years back because I tried everything else and couldn't get a bite, Threw on a mouse pattern as a last resort laughing while I casted it around for 10-15 minutes and I seen the wake from this soon to find out 25 inch Brown racing from 6 feet away to smash it. Needless to say I keep a couple in my vest and they can produce well at times, smallies will smash them too.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

amazinmoose

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:39 PM »
sweeeeeeet

holmes76

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Ive tried mouse patterns a few times,never had much luck with them.but ill keep trying because around three of every five rainbow trout my buddies and i kept last year had little mice in them.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 03:06 AM »
Shhhh holmes thats a secret :P I actually hit a nice dolly on the Crooked last week with one. About 2 1/2 lbs. Works best trolled near the shore at dusk on lakes and in the early morning on rivers over the big pools

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Mouse patterns are killer up here in July and early august especially on the more moderate sized bristol bay rivers. That time of year the smolt run is over and the salmon are not spawning yet so big trout key on mice. Never caught one over 30 on a mouse pattern but have caught several in the 27 inch ranger. Their a blast to fish.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 03:20 PM »
its a michigan river staple that most people never use..late summer after a really hot day...the big boys come out at the dark...i find a good bend over a deep pool before sunset..figure out my casting room...toss it up stream when its to dark to see...skate it , shake it, strip it, back towards me...and kaboom..my biggest browns usually come that way.  the trick is not pulling it to soon..you have to let the fish take it...
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Zorros shack

• This account is closed.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2007, 12:35 PM »
That is a cool fly!  :thumbup_smilie:

rayfrommaine

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 07:48 PM »
I tied some recently and just fished one for smallmouths this week.  I can't wait to fish these more. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.