FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How about these guys!!  (Read 5588 times)

smeltslayer

• Hammering fish and Ticking people off!!
Re: How about these guys!!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Send these folks up here to Maine they can have all those junk fish ;D ;D ;D they want to catch and sell. No size or bag limit up here and it is legal to sell them up here. 8) 8) 8)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 19, 2008, 09:32 PM »
wish we could. if i can, don't let them go! ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2008, 04:35 AM »
Im kinda glad to hear they are actually gonna be punished like they should. Remember the Lake George perch this last winter? They got off pretty easy, the first and second time.
Hey trout, what happened to those guys the second time around, any info??

cnypanfisher

iceplank

« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2008, 02:27 PM »
 i dont want to be the pessimist here but i do not think these guys are gonna get that big of A PUNISHMENT. I have witnessed or heard accounts of many poachers of both game and fish getting a slap on the wrist. I hope i am wrong.

tracker 1

« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2008, 05:53 PM »
i don't want to be the pessimist here but i do not think these guys are gonna get that big of A PUNISHMENT. I have witnessed or heard accounts of many poachers of both game and fish getting a slap on the wrist. I hope i am wrong.

Ice plank I agree with you.  These guys don't care about law. If they take away their license they will still fish. The best thing they could do is slap them with a heavy duty fine, I always felt when you get hit in the wallet that really sends a message.

NoGood

« Reply #20 on: Aug 24, 2008, 07:35 PM »
i dont want to be the pessimist here but i do not think these guys are gonna get that big of A PUNISHMENT. I have witnessed or heard accounts of many poachers of both game and fish getting a slap on the wrist. I hope i am wrong.

It happens all the time.I was in town court last year and overheard  the ruling of a guy who happened to be caught with 2 untagged deer, the fine was only $100.00

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Unfortunately the City of Rochester does not do anything about fishing fines.  Many tickets issued by the DEC for snagging, possesion of snag hooks, over the limits of trout and salmon, no licenses, and many other violations have been thrown away because the judges in the city say they have worse things to deal with (murders and rapes).  This is why the DEC has a laid back attitude about the Genesee River Fall fiasco.  I would not be surprised if these guys get off with a minor fine.  It sucks but that is life in Rochester. 

eddierod

« Reply #22 on: Sep 06, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Syracuse siblings plead guilty in fish case
Two faced prison, but now $5,000 fine, in sale of Oneida Lake crappies.
Saturday, September 06, 2008
By David Figura
Outdoors editor
Two Syracuse brothers facing stiff fines and prison time for illegally trying to sell more than 1,000 crappies they caught fishing in Oneida Lake have pleaded guilty to lesser charges.

The brothers - Alex M. Doughty, 26, of Pleasantville Avenue, and his brother, Robert C. Doughty, 24, of West Ostrander Avenue, - were fined $5,000 and surrendered their fishing licenses for three years. The maximum penalty was up to four years in prison and more than $30,000 in fines.

Initially facing felony charges, both pleaded guilty Tuesday in Rochester City Court to one misdemeanor charge of illegal commercialization of fish, and to possessing four undersized fish, all violations.

The case, prosecuted by state Assistant Attorney General Paul McCarthy, also involved a Rochester fish market owner, Sungkyo Choi, 46. Choi's case was adjourned so the court could arrange for a Korean translator.

While the buying and selling of perch and other panfish (such as bluegills and pumpkinseeds) is allowed, it is illegal to buy or sell crappies, which are also a small fish. The minimum length to keep a crappie is 9 inches. Under state law, any fish that has a season or size limit cannot be commercially sold.

On April 25, a state Department of Environmental Conservation officer observed the Doughtys carrying tubs of fish into the Sun Fish Market in Rochester. The brothers and Choi discussed the weight, quantity and price for the fish and a DEC officer watched Choi pay Alex Doughty $1,392.20.

A total of 1,185 fish were confiscated by DEC officers: 86 were bluegills, 23 were pumpkinseeds and the balance, 1,076, were black crappies, which are commonly referred to as "strawberry bass" in the retail fish market. The total weight: 682 pounds.

Officers also found that 107 of the crappies measured less than the legal limit of 9 inches. The penalty for possessing an undersized fish is $250 each.

Capt. Woody Erickson from the DEC's Syracuse office said officers are following up "other leads that were generated from this investigation."

"Regardless, if citizens have other information about the illegal commercialization of fish, they are invited to call our confidential hot line," he said. The number is 1-800-TIPP-DEC (1-800-847-7332).

piscesman

« Reply #23 on: Sep 09, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Great to hear not a slap on the wrist this time. Hopefully the store owner will be paying too.......................
      Kim :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flag: :flag:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2008, 07:05 PM »
That is a slap on the wrist!!! These two clowns just didn't be lucky enough to catch 1,185 fish and at the same time just happen to have a Korean fish market owner from Rochester walk by! They are well organized criminals that have been raping our waters and stealing from all of us for some time...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Jack Magnum

« Reply #25 on: Sep 14, 2008, 06:36 AM »
That is a slap on the wrist!!! These two clowns just didn't be lucky enough to catch 1,185 fish and at the same time just happen to have a Korean fish market owner from Rochester walk by! They are well organized criminals that have been raping our waters and stealing from all of us for some time...
   Huge fines may be the answer !!! I know it's not the same topic but with all the DWI and DUI s in the paper every day I wish something would be done to these people . I am always seeing guys half lit while I am fishing and that makes me nervous about becoming one of their victims. I was hit years ago while riding a motorcycle by a drunk driver. Anyway, Would like to see huge fines on those people as well.Getting back to the fishing. I saw guys get nabbed for too many fish last year and they were right back at it the next day. I asked them what they were doing and that people are watching them and they said it was just an Occupational hazard. I have no problem with guys doing whatever with their LEGAL catch BUT over the limit hurts us all.

piscesman

« Reply #26 on: Sep 14, 2008, 12:41 PM »
They were originally facing $30,000 in fines. The city of Rochester lowered the charges and the fines represent what the laws allow. I'm not happy with the light fines but you have to blame the prosecutors on that one..........
      Kim     :cookoo: :cookoo:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Jack Magnum

« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2008, 02:37 PM »
They were originally facing $30,000 in fines. The city of Rochester lowered the charges and the fines represent what the laws allow. I'm not happy with the light fines but you have to blame the prosecutors on that one..........
      Kim     :cookoo: :cookoo:
What did they get fined ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.