FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rock River Fish ????????  (Read 2560 times)

Outdoorsmen

Rock River Fish ????????
« on: Mar 11, 2010, 11:13 PM »
It been quite a few years (10+) sense i have lived here and have seen a few things about eating fish out of the rock. Most of the things say only eat 1 dinner a week. To me that worries me. I was just wondering what some of you think that live here do? Do you eat only 1 meal a week or is it not that big of a problem? I like to eat catfish and walleyes. I was just wondering before the seasons really starts thanks a lot.   
EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. FISH LIKE HELL, AND MAKE UP LIES

Icejunkie0602

Re: Rock River Fish ????????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2010, 06:22 AM »
Think of the fish as a water filter what goes into the water goes into the fish.  I don't live in your area but the same applies.  Be careful of eating fish after periods of rain,  because the storm sewer will fill up and goes into the raw sewer then discharges into the river.  Your DNR should have pollution stats for the section of river you fish.  Also when cleaning fish out of a river take care to remove all fatty tissue from fish because this is where toxins are stored.  Just talk to people that eat fish out of there and see if they have any weird medical conditions from eating fish.  IE third eye or something.LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.