FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Playoff Picture???  (Read 19261 times)

TroutFishingBear

Playoff Picture???
« on: Jun 14, 2004, 03:51 PM »
So,  now that we can see basically who is good and who isn't, lets make playoff predictions!!!

Al-East: Yankees
Al-West: Angels
Al-Central: Twins
Wild-Card (AL)- Red Sox

Nl-East: Phillies
Nl-Central: Cubs
Nl-West: Dodgers
Wild-Card (NL)- Astros

The reds are a flash in the pan in the Nl-Central simply because I do not believe that they have the starting pitching, or relief for that matter, to go much farther.

The padres are also not going to go far because the dodgers are a large market team, and they have waaaaaay to much pitching. They will make a deal for a really good hitter here in the next month and a half or so that will push them past the padres.

World series winner: Cubbies. Prior, Wood, Zembrano, Clement. Enough said. They will win it all. Die Billygoat!!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Playoff Picture???
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2004, 08:13 AM »
a half a season does not a team make.  With the first half done,  we are only seeing the contenders,  not the finishers.  I will speak of the NL East only;  the Phillies are leading,  but it is a tight race and we will see if the Phillies can step it up in the second half.  It's been proven over and again that the teams need to be good closers and better than their first half.

fastribs85

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2004, 11:27 AM »
for the phillies to win the division they need the arms to get back to where the were the beggining of last season and they need to have all the starters throwing well and a good bullpen but if they can pick up 1 starter and 1 more for the pen i think they can go to the playoffs
naked women and beer we got it all in here

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2004, 07:40 AM »
Looks like my Card's are startin to walk off with the NL Central ;D IF they keep playing the way they are, I think it's going to be tough for any of the NL Central teams to keep up. The Astros could make a run, if they could just stay healthy, and get a more consistant hitter in the lineup. The Red Sox have also started to play really well, I just hope  they can keep it up. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate the Yankees...and I'm from NY!

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2004, 11:58 AM »
The card's pitching rotation is held together with glue, it won't last. The Cubs' pitching and the Astros' pitching will talk last!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Um uh, how's Woodsie, Prior, and Clement working for yah? ;)
Be lucky if you make the wild card.
Astros, who are the Astros? ???
 Go Yankees!
SHUT UP STEINBRENNER! >:(

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2004, 02:47 PM »
guess the phils are done now ::) :-\
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Bigfish57

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2004, 04:34 PM »
once again the BoSo  blow it  :(  We shall see if the wild ard happens.....
Anthony

The Rocket

« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2004, 10:21 PM »
I am the only true Rockies fan. There only 10 out of the wildcard. (Very Optomistic)
Watch out for Wright, Jennings, Helton, Castilla and Burnitz.
Go Rockies.

You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2004, 02:58 PM »
I am the only true Rockies fan. There only 10 out of the wildcard. (Very Optomistic)
Watch out for Wright, Jennings, Helton, Castilla and Burnitz.
Go Rockies.

I really like the rockies too, but they just suck. They are doing alright now, yeah, but the curse of the altitude is already starting to show. Aaron Cook, a pitcher that reminds me VERY MUCH of Kevin Brown, has blood clots in his lungs and will be in the hospital for 6 months. This happens after he has finally started to become a pitcher. He will now be a typical rockies' bum pitcher, much like denny stark after he hurt his back last year in spring training. Before that, he was 11-3 with a 3.98 era, and since he is 0-4 with an era over 14.00. Denny neagle is also a bumb, and so was mike hampton. Pitching makes the difference, and the rockies are just cursed that way.

Tsao will be a typical rockies bum, he is hurt all the time.

And I'm sure something will go wrong with francis, just not sure what it is yet.

As for the playoffs, I think the cubs will talk last! Leading in the wildcard! ENJOY!!!

CHICAGO CUBS, 2004 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS :D

The Rocket

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2004, 12:26 AM »
The only real problem with the Rockies is Dan O'Dowd. Man he sucks!
I actually went to the Cubs-Rockies game on the 3rd at Coors Field. Cubs won, But I was the only Rockies fan out of 45,000 fans :( I went down with a couple of my friends in a limo :)
But they are even bigger Cubs fans than you are ;)
I will have to post the pitcures one of these days

Go Rockies
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Eric, you my friend a a man of wisdom. I'll jsut say what everyone else is thinkin...my Cards are gonna win it all! They'' play the Yanks in the World Series, but the Yanks starting rotation won't be able to shut down the Carbs offense. Biggest mistake the Yanks made was trading Contreres for Loaiza. What were they thinking? Contreses wasn't always at his best, but he still did a lot better than Loaiza is doing. Not that I care, I hate the Yankees. It just goes to show you that a player can be good on one team, go to NY and crumple under the pressure from the NY fans.

-Zach

TimC1086

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2004, 02:13 PM »
sorry pal, but youre nowhere near th ebiggest yankee hater on this board. i appreciate that you join our cause, but to be a true member of the club you have to endure a lifetime of being a fatally optimistic redsox fan.

that said, the way we're playing and the way the yankees rotation flat out sucks, the 6 games left in october could be decisive.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2004, 08:52 PM »
I have been a member of the Red Sox Nation since birth, (my grandfather was a Southie) The Swankee ship is sinking the sox are 4.5 out and there is plenty of time left for them to take back what is theirs, yeah thats right 1st PLACE....
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2004, 11:12 AM »
       i too have been a Sox fan since birth :'(  so nobody should be surprised when i say  "THIS COULD BE THE YEAR" :o  :o  :o
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.