FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Playoff Picture???  (Read 19260 times)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Playoff Picture???
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2004, 12:14 PM »
Dear Red Sox Fans,
                                 Don't get your hopes up, your team's falling apart. Pedro will leave, Nomar's gone, Manny's hurt, Schilling's almost forty, and you have no bullpen.
Oh yeah, everybody else is leaving as free agents. And the ghosts are on our side! Bye Bye, Don't let the Angels bite! ;D

deerhunter

« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:09 PM »
as of latly the yankees pitching staff hasn,t been that great,espically the middle relief.
massena can,t even hit 90 with his fastball.  red sox will be in 1st place and the
yankees will not get threw the 1st round of the playoffs.

TimC1086

« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:38 PM »
Our team's falling apart? Pedros been dominant, everyone is glad that Nomar is gone, Manny ISNT hurt and is back in the lineup after one (1) day off, and schilling is better than your entire rotation combined.... who is evryone else that is going to leave? Varitek and cabrera, along with martinez are key free agents. 3 players to re-sign is not a daunting task.

Our team (the falling apart one) has won 12 of 13 and is tied for the most wins in baseball this month. The yankees... not so good. see you in september

;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2004, 02:55 PM »
I LIKE VARITEK HE SMACKED A-ROD :o
Scotty 

TimC1086

« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2004, 06:23 PM »
In my mind, that was the greatest baseball game I've ever seen in my 17 years. Seriously. Maybe only because I have a story to go along with it.

That day, me and 3 of my friends were set to fish a catfish derby on the Connecticut river. We all gathered at my house to get everything together, cook some food and watch the game. Well when Varitek ever nailed A-rod, we absolutely erupted (the sox were losing 3-0 at this point, mind you). Anyways, we set out to start fishing around 5 oclock, before the game ended. Of course, I brought my radio along. So were set up there, nice sandy bank, campfire, raosting marshmallows and eating kielbasa i had cooked up. Game goes back and forth, everyones giddy from the brawl...  and then Bill Mueller hits a walkoff Home Run off the Great Rivera. We were screaming so loud, and the other groups of people fishing (they were lined up all along the banks of teh river) yelled to us to ask if we got a big one... No, we said, the sox hit a walkoff home run and they laughed. No fish at all that night, we were there from about 6 pm till 6 am, but what a night.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2004, 06:53 PM »
I know you're not falling apart, I'm just kidding around, it's kind of fun to get you guys riled up.  :)
Seriously though, why are you guys happy Nomar's gone? He's a great player and everybody loved him when he was a Red Sox member.
And losing Pedro really will hurt though. I just hope the Yankees don't get him, I despise him.
Schilling is great,  but the Yanks pounded him in July, did they not? ;D
Oh yeah, Yanks fans hate Steinbrenner too!

Yanks are still in first place with
A lesser Rotation
A better Bullpen
Equal Catcher  (Posada's OBP)
Lesser 1B
Better 2B
Better 3B
Better SS
Lesser LF
Lesser CF
Better RF
Better Defense
AND THE GHOSTS! ;D
Let's keep it friendly guys, it's just baseball :P

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #21 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:11 PM »

Let's keep it friendly guys, it's just baseball :P
   NO NO NO YOU ARE  TALKING ABOUT THE NY/ BOSTON  YANKS /SOX RIVALRY HERE AND THERE IS NOTHING FRIENDLY ABOUT IT. ;D ;)
Scotty 

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #22 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:38 PM »
HAHA Ok, but I'm outnumbered!
We Want Boone!
Ah, nothing like skinny infielders pulling monster homers down the line!
Nighty Night Red Sux! ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #23 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:45 PM »
OUCH!! :-\ :'(
Scotty 

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:25 PM »
I like Pedro...he threw Don Zimmer on his old wrinkled @$$.  ;) ;D

-Zach

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:39 PM »
Dear Red Sox Fans,
                                 Don't get your hopes up, your team's falling apart. Pedro will leave, Nomar's gone, Manny's hurt, Schilling's almost forty, and you have no bullpen.
Oh yeah, everybody else is leaving as free agents. And the ghosts are on our side! Bye Bye, Don't let the Angels bite! ;D
UMMMMMMMM do you watch baseball or just pretend... The swankee's can't buy a win lately and are getting a$$ pounded by the woefull Indians 16-0 as I type this and the Sox are dumping all over the Angels 10-1 by the end of this day we will be 3.5 games out of first, yeah thats right 3.5 games compaired to the 11.5 out we were a week and a half ago oh and Manny is only a canidate for league MVP this year along with David Ortiz yeah thats right 2 guys on the SOX with Mvp stats.. The best part about all this is I am going to LOL when that All Star line up in NY finishes 2nd, hell if they keep playing the way they are the Orioles might finish ahead of them...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:38 PM »
AMEN brother!

TimC1086

« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2004, 10:33 PM »
TWENTY TWO TO NOTHING OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE I JUST ATE AN ENTIRE CHOCOLATE CAKE

;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2004, 04:49 AM »
THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT IN BASEBALL
Scotty 

deerhunter

« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2004, 06:22 AM »
the ny stinkies. there biggest loss in club history.1win by ny starters in 16 games.
down ,down they go with the red sox on thier back. after the yankee series we
will be in 1st place. go red sox. manny is the best pure hitter in baseball.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.