FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Playoff Picture???  (Read 19259 times)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Playoff Picture???
« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2004, 07:38 AM »
Here We Go  ;D
Manny's a great hitter, but the best pure hitter, stop, please i can name five far better.
Pujols
Bonds
Beltre
Guerrero
Ichiro
Guys, I know you're not falling apart,I already said I was kidding with ya'll and yes I have been watching the Yankees and Red Sox.
The Yankees are in a severe slump and the Red Sox are playing great baseball.
I applaud the Red Sox on their great hitting and pitching they're a great team, just one I hate.
You're still behind, and as you've already said, there is plenty of baseball left.
1918-2004? 86 years! I kind of actually hope you guys win one soon.  :-\
Where are all the Yankee fans!  I need backup! :'( ;)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Sep 01, 2004, 07:49 AM »
Okay, break out the numbers. Those hitters (except for Bonds), have not been around as long as Manny. Manny is consistant as he has been throughout his career in the majors. He is clutch. Best pure hitter without a doubt. Those you mentioned are NOT far better.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #32 on: Sep 01, 2004, 08:20 AM »
Will do.
You're right not far better, equal or better though.
Clutch, Sheffield, that's clutch.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #33 on: Sep 01, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Suzuki .371
Beltre- .345-42-98
Pujols- .327-41 -103
Tejada .326-26-118
Bonds .368- 38-108- IN 307 AT BATS! SLG .821!
What about Pudge?
Ramirez .315-36-108

.315-36-108 in 460 at bats< .368-38 108 in 307 at bats
                                   No Comparison

Ramirez is a great offensive player, Bonds is otherworldy. ;)
Manny's patience at the plate is great. He can foul off more strikes in one at bat waiting for a pitch to hit than Bonds will see in a week. ;D
Best Pure Hitter, I dont think so.

TimC1086

« Reply #34 on: Sep 01, 2004, 09:58 AM »
The only one on your list thats close to manny as a pure hitter is vlady. sure, bonds hits well, but he has that shortuppercutychopswing thats so ugly (and... uh.... hes 'roided up). watch mannys nice high leg kick and smooth swing while he always stays back on the ball and gets his hands inside. guerrero has the swing of a pure hitter too, he can hit one out from his shoulders or below his knees with that big loppy swing, but gets his hands inside the ball every time too.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #35 on: Sep 01, 2004, 07:34 PM »
Cubs will win the world series. They will beat the red sox in  7 8)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #36 on: Sep 01, 2004, 11:09 PM »
I'm still stickin' to my guns and saying that my Cards are gonna win it all. No one can match their offense, and their pitching has held up, despite what TFB said before about their pitching being held together by glue. Even though Steve Kline is on the DL, Rick Ankiel was just promoted from AAA. and will now fill Kline's spot in the rotation. You may remember when Ankiel was pitching terrible, with all of his wild pitches. Well, he has regained his control, and has been pitching extremely well while recovering from Tommy John surgery. This team was already awesome, but with the addition of Larry Walker, this team has gotten even better...so with that said, I'll leave you all to wither under the harsh reality that the best your teams can do is second best...because the #1 slot has been filled by my Cards.  ;) ;D

-Zach

TimC1086

« Reply #37 on: Sep 02, 2004, 10:50 AM »
It is hard to bet against a Cardinals team that has larry walker batting second... but again, that's as long as the pitching holds up. I'm not saying it won't, I'm just saying that chris carpenter, jason marquis and suppan are all having career years. Its the same way with the texas rangers, i dont think theyll be a wildcard threat because their leading starters are kenny rogers and ryan drese.... rogers has an abysmal postseason record and drese is untested. i guess we'll wait and see.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #38 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:59 PM »
It is hard to bet against a Cardinals team that has larry walker batting second... 

Larry walker will prob. get injured before the playoffs knowing him.

And todd helton is the best pure hitter in baseball, he gets no credit. and its not coors field either! it doesn't help that much!

TimC1086

« Reply #39 on: Sep 02, 2004, 10:06 PM »
You're right, helton is very underrated. Hes stuck with that coors field stigma and his numbers get overshadowed. Hes in a tough situation, playing for a badly mismanaged ballclub (I think O'Dowd is a nutcase) that happens to play in the best hitters park in the majors...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #40 on: Sep 03, 2004, 10:54 PM »
You're right, helton is very underrated. Hes stuck with that coors field stigma and his numbers get overshadowed. Hes in a tough situation, playing for a badly mismanaged ballclub (I think O'Dowd is a nutcase) that happens to play in the best hitters park in the majors...
;D ;D ;D ;D I agree 100%

CUBS REDSOX WORLD SERIES PLEASE! IT ALMOST HAPPENED LAST YEAR!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #41 on: Sep 03, 2004, 11:05 PM »
This isnt last year...theres a new sheriff in town 8)

-Zach

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #42 on: Sep 04, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Zach, I will give your cardinals credit they are playing great. They will be difficult to beat but the cubbies can do it!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #43 on: Sep 04, 2004, 01:18 PM »
I hope the cubbies make it to the World Series :D

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #44 on: Sep 04, 2004, 03:40 PM »
I hope the cubbies make it to the World Series :D

yeah, but I'm sure you hope so your yank's can beat em ;)

CUBS RULE!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.