FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 564473 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #405 on: Jul 15, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Wow!! As the youngster I get labled....Aw crap lumped with the like of you I could be doing a heck of a lot worse.
I'm an old fart and proud of it. ;D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #406 on: Jul 16, 2010, 02:33 AM »
HT  ??? no do not include me on that. from what i saw it is all gammas fault  ;D ;D
No doubt !   A sand flea can't cause the kind of rukus we caused  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #407 on: Jul 16, 2010, 05:26 AM »
Unless you've ever fallen asleep on a beach in Florida after playing a gig for a party and consumed mass quantities of Hawian sunsets. You have no idea the trouble sand fleas can cause.....
Um I heard about it one time... ::)

1fish@atime

« Reply #408 on: Jul 16, 2010, 05:41 AM »
OK fly rod is packed, cooler is packed. Ready to go for the weekend!!
Headed to a small lake with the group I ice fish with. Should be a good time.
Trap, you'll have to keep things quiet for me.....LOL
Going to try for some lunker smallies with some poppers I picked up, yes bought them.....I know don't be a hater...LOL I am going to work on making my own sometime.
May have to sneak away to try a steam close by for some brookies though.
Have a fun and safe weekend!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #409 on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:33 AM »
1  fish  i'd  use   pre  made  poppers    if  i  had  to   quick  but ...  again   RG's  and  my  favorite  flyshop  JOANNES  FABRICS  you  can   buy  a  dozen  very  tiny   corks  which  are  perfect !!!!  also   the  pre  made  popper  bodys  ...you  cand   paint  them  or   just  use   sharpie  makers  ...  2  mm  sheet  foam   can  be  formed  into  a  popper  .....or   the  old  time  deer hair popper !!!!  ohhhhh   crease   flies   are  awesome   and  very  easy  to  tie  ,  orginally  a  salt  water  patter  i  use  them  for  bass    all the  time  ...pictures  to  follow

life  is  good
                                                                                                                                                     and  so is  flyfishing

ps  gamma   find  me that  guitar  ya  old   hippe  fart
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #410 on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:46 AM »

these  flies   have   been  approved   by   most  bass  in my  neighborhood   ;D

life  is  good

KNOCK  THE  SLIM OFF EM  1FISH!!!!!!!!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #411 on: Jul 16, 2010, 12:24 PM »
1  fish  i'd  use   pre  made  poppers    if  i  had  to   quick  but ...  again   RG's  and  my  favorite  flyshop  JOANNES  FABRICS  you  can   buy  a  dozen  very  tiny   corks  which  are  perfect !!!!  also   the  pre  made  popper  bodys  ...you  cand   paint  them  or   just  use   sharpie  makers  ...  2  mm  sheet  foam   can  be  formed  into  a  popper  .....or   the  old  time  deer hair popper !!!!  ohhhhh   crease   flies   are  awesome   and  very  easy  to  tie  ,  orginally  a  salt  water  patter  i  use  them  for  bass    all the  time  ...pictures  to  follow

life  is  good
                                                                                                                                                     and  so is  flyfishing

ps  gamma   find  me that  guitar  ya  old   hippe  fart
I find them on a regular basis !    But just like women, you just can't put money out for a guitar for another person !
  I know what you want.   Put the greenbacks in my hand and I'll deliver !     Then, if you don't like the guitar, YOU'RE stuck with it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
  I've had no dissapointed customers so far ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #412 on: Jul 16, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Oh, by the way....watch out for a few certain people on here, including myself ;D But the trouble makers are Trap, HT, Gamma, RG, 1Fish, prchslyer, SCG, Snagger, KP, and now KP JR.. Did I miss any one else?
You got that right! ;D What about Stormy? ;D
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #413 on: Jul 16, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Not cool to sell on the site...please do that in private.

Trapper, I'd like to see your version of that sculpin pattern.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #414 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:29 PM »
  gamma    np   bro   i'll hook  up  with  ya  next  week    rg  i'm playing  with the  new   camera  now! i'll  have  them   posted  tonight   ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #415 on: Jul 16, 2010, 06:34 PM »
Not cool to sell on the site...please do that in private.

Trapper, I'd like to see your version of that sculpin pattern.
RG

Thought you retired from modding, and were one of us now?? ;D Just picking

trapper2000

« Reply #416 on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:51 PM »
rg  i  tied  your  patterns  as   close   as  i  could!   they  are  really  good !!!  this  is  a  basic  rabbit  strip  sculpin pattern.   tied   natural  i  use   a  set  of   ginny  hen  feathers   for  side   barbs   you  can  adust  these  and  zap  a  gap  so  they  stay  in  place ...  

size  #8  streamer  hook strip  of  tan  rabbit  skin   natural  rabbit  dubbing  ...naatural  deer  hair  collar   2  genny  hen  feathers   ...red   deer  hair   for  gills  ...  spun  and   clipped   deer   or  elk  hair  head  5  mm   doll  eyes  super  glued  on  ....ited  in  differnt  collars  this  can  repersent  a  sculpin ...bullhead...polly  wog....gobie

trapper2000

« Reply #417 on: Jul 16, 2010, 07:52 PM »
playing  with  my  camera  now  ...  i'm  better  at  spinning  feathers  and deer  hair  then  anything  technical  :rotflol:

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #418 on: Jul 16, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Looking superb there Trap!

Never underestimate your skills my friend.

Keep doing what you are doing, and the things that make an Ol' buzzard happy.

Thanks for the wisdom you guys have helped to instill into my ;) solid gourd!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #419 on: Jul 17, 2010, 08:19 AM »
Thought you retired from modding, and were one of us now?? ;D Just picking
Just saying............. :-\

I didn't push the button did I?

Trapper...it's always fun to see the variations, I have some bench time today while I take care of some mundane home tasks...the wife is still in vegas.....Guess I better do laundry...or go commando  :o

Have some fun with the camera.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.