FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: blue-bluegill  (Read 5780 times)

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
blue-bluegill
« on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:11 PM »
here is a pair of bluegills i caught in feb. at otisco lake.  this appears to be a blue strain of bluegill.  i also caught a blue strain perch last year at port bay ny, i'll post that on the perch post.

[/img]
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

peple of the perch

Re: blue-bluegill
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:20 PM »
could it be a cross breed that looks cool thugh

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:42 PM »
Wow thats kewl, I caught a blue perch once.

Is it just me or are they eyes on those gills HUGE?

-Scott

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2004, 08:06 PM »
nice fish. ;D
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2004, 05:59 PM »
NIce fish and pics Icejohn.  I wasn't trying to blow you off,  easier to put you on accurate info,  just like fishing.  Cool fish though,  I have caught some real pale gills,  but never a blue.  Mike

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2004, 11:19 AM »
I also mentioned about blue perch on general discussion, although I have never caught one.

venisonman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2004, 07:30 PM »
It's been about 20 years but we used to catch em in Saratoga too. As I remember a little deeper and they were quite large!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:25 AM »
i cant see the pic whats it look like is the body tinted blue or the blue just larger around the gills?

bigdave1018

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:05 PM »
lake ontario has another strain of gills that are called purple flares. they are purple hued and brown mixed in and when the sun hits them, they seem to glow and shimmer. real neat fish. ontario also has warmouths. their fins light up and seem to glow when caught. they have a rockbass body and pumpkinseed colors. another neat fish. both are very aggressive and ive had them knock a pencil bobber right out of the water. ive only caught 3 warmouths so far but the purples are plentiful. they eat great to yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.