FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dirt Modifieds  (Read 11101 times)

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Dirt Modifieds
« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Fishboy
Only win was in a heat at Try City against big blocks kind of a shock to me but it did happen.  We realy run this program on a song and a dance not a lot of money but we keep trying. All we really need is a little more motor. We built our own and it will stay with the pack but won't pull though enough to threaten the front runners. This comeing winter we will put another motor together with a little more snot. Just looking for a set of Dart heads then we will be able to run up front. As far as a bad year goes we had our fair share too the first motor was a dog the heads were done by some clown who didnt know what he was doing and sunk the valves in way too much. Then we put on these new heads and bent all the valves. I guess the father who put the heads on the motor learned you must clay them for clearance, LOL. Then the brakes took a crap and it took a while to figure them out Bad master Cyl. Old hard tires we ran finally took a crap and bought new ones totaly changed the handeling back to the scales. Like I said this is a very low budget opperation. Now a totaly wrecked chassis and we have a newer one comming, nice thing it is a gift form another racer from PA. One good thing the driver is a rookie who is haveing fun still and maybe by next spring we can give him a better ride till then we tell him to hang in their. Funny thing is we have over 200 yrs of experiance working on this car in 5 guys maybe even more everyone who works on it has raced one point in his life or owned cars. Lots of experiance so at the track makeing changes is real easy and useally the right change no guessing with this crew. Just make sure you bring a lot of beer they still love to drink and for the most good for a lot of laughs. The downfall to it is they all think raceing is like it used to be back in the 50's man do they have a lot to learn their. They used to build everything and just slap it on a car and go out and win races now it is a little more soffisticated and homemade parts don't alway cut it on these chassis. But what the hey we do our best anyways. The other team I was crew cheif on we did awsome winning a lot of races and even leading the points championship untill we broke a motor. We cracked a block and the motor builder found nothing wrong with it and after 3 weeks of DNF's we lost the championship and went to 3rd overall in points. This is one sport you can come to hate when things don't go to well But when they do you would do it every day.
Good Luck
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Hey another bad night on Friday. Started 16th in the feature and where up into 10th afer 10 laps when the red flag came out.  Driver pulled in and said the motor was over heating and he could hear the rocker arm bouncing and didnt want to blow it up.  Looked at the radiator and it was plugged shut full of mud.  Man we were having a great run would have been in the top 5 maybe even top 3.  Waiting for that first win I know where gonna get it we have as good as mtor as anybody else a great driver just need to get the setup in this new chasis. :-\
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

fastribs85

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2004, 11:35 PM »
dont worry it will come and when you get it it will be the best feeling youll ever get
naked women and beer we got it all in here

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Yeh we have had a rough year after two great years with a bunch of wins now this season none so far and not even in top 25 in points with all the DNF's.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2004, 07:26 PM »
Well here are a few pictures of what is left of the race car after the wreck it is total junk

Cold Feet

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Great Thread!

Fan for a long time of DIRT. Really like Jack Johnson but am also a Billy Decker fan. Tim McCredie got some good genes from his oldman. He is gonna be a real star one day.

Also a big fan of the Outlaws. Really like Danny Lasoski and Sammy Swindell.

Was gonna do it this year but we bought a differant house, so next year I will find myself into a Sportsman ride. I will buy the car, motor  etc.. I plan to run in next years season at Canandaigua and Weedsport.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2004, 11:01 AM »
Just saw the pic Wayne. To bad the car looks terrible but the cage looks real good, did its job well.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Aug 26, 2004, 04:54 PM »
Jon
Yea the cage did the job it was built for, both drivers walked away unhurt. The chasis was chrome-moly and most of the welds broke as did a lot of the cross members. The 2by4 main frame was bent close to 4 inches and the cage section was tweeked abot 3 inches. Not bad for putting the car about 30 ft in the air and landing on its nose. The rims and tires were all spares as the ones that were on the car during the race were junk the front axle has a 45 deg bend in it and no trailing arms are attached to the car either. Like I said it is total junk. Now we wait for the end of the season to see what comes up for sale and start all over. The real kick in the butt is the kid who created this mess got away without a scratch on his car. Seems to be the way it always goes. At least both drivers will get to drive another day.
Cold Feet

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Hey glad they were ok.  Last week our luck finally changed hit on a good setup and started 18th in the 20 lap feature got spun out on lap 6 and still managed to get back up to 5th.  Can't wait for tommorow night 30 laps.  Oh by the way Jon, Jumpin' Jack has won the last two weeks on Friday nights.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.