FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brook trout and fiddle heads.  (Read 8007 times)

taxid

Re: Brook trout and fiddle heads.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2011, 10:06 AM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Skinner

« Reply #31 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:25 AM »
They grow in the mid atlantic states as well , but are very diffucult to find a large patch, we find them a month earlier than ME, My Bro pics them around the Bangor area along the Kendusk

getting jiggie

« Reply #32 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:30 AM »
hopeing to find and start picking some this year I know I'v seen them but not sure witch spot now more recon. this year I guess

mainesalmonslayer

• Wanna go fishin buddy???
« Reply #33 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:23 PM »
They grow in the mid atlantic states as well , but are very diffucult to find a large patch, we find them a month earlier than ME, My Bro pics them around the Bangor area along the Kendusk

Him and everyone else,thats a great canoe/fiddle head ride.Nice lookin fiddle heads you have there.

mainesalmonslayer

« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:25 PM »
hopeing to find and start picking some this year I know I'v seen them but not sure witch spot now more recon. this year I guess
Looks like you got the brookie part all taken care of....Next fiddle heads.

packman252008

• Beware of the man who fishes alone!!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2011, 03:27 PM »
mmm... thats what is going to be on the menu next weekend when i head to my opening day honey hole for a few day here in NY ;D
In search of the fish that I havent caught and the times spent with good company... HOOKED UP

Skinner

« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:32 AM »
Him and everyone else,thats a great canoe/fiddle head ride.Nice lookin fiddle heads you have there.

Thanks I never new they grew around here, til one day I stumbled along a large patch, only funny thing is nobody around here knows to pic them. They are great with eggs fer breakfast MMM!!!

taxid

« Reply #37 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:18 PM »

Do you guys pick mushrooms up there as in Morels in the spring? They are extremely coveted here in the midwest and are expensive to buy. I don't remember seeing them in the woods in Mass as a kid but I wasn't looking for them.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mainesalmonslayer

« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Do you guys pick mushrooms up there as in Morels in the spring? They are extremely coveted here in the midwest and are expensive to buy. I don't remember seeing them in the woods in Mass as a kid but I wasn't looking for them.

I think we get them,unsure.I would like to hook up with anyone who goes for them.

taxid

« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I think we get them,unsure.I would like to hook up with anyone who goes for them.

They are outstanding fried up in butter!

mainesalmonslayer

« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:21 PM »
They are outstanding fried up in butter!
wicked nutty,I like to fry em in butter then splash them with some heavy cream and pour over egg noodles...yum-yum ;D

ams

« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:27 PM »
  How do you guys like to cook fiddleheads ??? I found a bunch of them last spring and I have been meaning to try them, hopefully I'll get the chance this spring.

mainesalmonslayer

« Reply #42 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:36 PM »
I like to stem them and wind the butter,and lemon to them.Or make some hollandaise and pour that over them,I actually make a fiddle head omlette to :)

allextremesfishing

« Reply #43 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:39 PM »
  How do you guys like to cook fiddleheads ??? I found a bunch of them last spring and I have been meaning to try them, hopefully I'll get the chance this spring.

pickled!!!

Sinnian

« Reply #44 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:10 PM »

Stir fried with olive oil and garlic!
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.