FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I'm stupid I need help....  (Read 1464 times)

frozenfishma

I'm stupid I need help....
« on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:16 AM »
So yesterday went out fishing after work in the afternoon. Had a fairly productive day 3 fish 1 rainbow and 2 nice looking brookies in 2.5 hours. As I was loading up the trunk of my car and separating my poles so the would fit. Unfortunately I dropped one (of course its my nice 7 foot unltralite) on the butt end of the rod. Now the rod won't separate. Any suggestions to help separate the rod without breaking it or any of the eyes....I welcome all suggestions I just would like to be able to transport my rod without having to fold down the back seat of my car. Thanks

FishingNewEngland

Re: I'm stupid I need help....
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:20 AM »
You're gonna need to wiggle it for a while to get it loose. Be gentle, it will come out eventually.
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

FishinPharmer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Take your wife's SUV next time!  ;D ;D

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Using some sticky gloves (if your hands are slipping) put the rod behind your back, gripping each side of the rod. Slid it down to behind your knees, with your hands tight against the out side of your knees. Now push out with your knees to the side, against your hands, with a little luck it should come apart. This works for a couple reasons, 1 your legs are stronger than your arms, 2 and more importantly is that this way you are normally pulling apart strait, so that you don't break the rod. I hope you can follow my explanation.

yellowdog4me

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:39 PM »
X2 with Stripernut. Have done this before myself with success.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Black fish, blue fish, old fish, new fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are." Dr. Seuss

stitch

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2011, 04:47 PM »
 a couple drops of marbles oil and a 10 min.wait should do ya.

Basstracker

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2011, 10:25 PM »
if you still cant get it off turn your oven on and let the top of it get hot and put it rod on it. when it heats the fiber glass may contract a bit so you can pull it apart.

iwantone2.4

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2011, 10:29 PM »
how bout shootin some WD40 in between, would it work??
If luck becomes habbit, it turns into skill

frozenfishma

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Finally got around to trying to get it unstuck and stripernut had it. I used some gardening gloves and put the rod behind my knees and with little effort the rod came apart. Thanks for the help  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.