FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: upper river  (Read 1382 times)

12icashdollar

upper river
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:51 PM »
been out on the upper Niagara river a few times this year and Ive realized  that the smallies are not as active as the largemouth not lookin for spots or anythin like that just want to know how others are doing k thanks in advanced

dewey

Re: upper river
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2011, 12:46 PM »
ive been catching a ton of smallies and not 1 largemouth in the upper river this year. had many 20 plus fish mornings with my brother. All the cold wearher and rain put a little bit of a damper on fishing for me.

rainrock

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2011, 08:01 PM »
It depends a lot on where you're fishing. I've been out quite a bit the last couple of weeks and have caught nothin' but largies, but that's what I'm targeting. I'm fishing areas where I know they're at. That said, even the largies are pretty tentative. I've had a lot of them follow my bait, but a lot of them refuse to strike. Everything is off by at least a couple of weeks so I think the fish are a lot more interested in spawning than chasing my lures. In a week or two I think they'll start cooperating more.

dewey

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I have been fishing a few drifts near fishermans park in north tonawanda and near gratwick park and a few spots back to the boat launch in the falls. I have been using 3 1/2" tube jigs bouncing on the bottom. Once the boats get out and racing around it seems to turn things off quick but my brother was fishing the canal and caught 5 or 6 largemouths and a pike last weekend. I heard people doing good with walleye toward the huntley plant but i dont know 1st hand it was past along information from like 3 people

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.