FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHICKEN WINGS  (Read 14364 times)

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: CHICKEN WINGS
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Most wings are franks and butter, want to spice it up cayenne pepper or black pepper. Peppers open the pours.
BBQ wings need to fired then grilled then sauce.
Its often copied by people who have worked in WNY are the only onesto trust with the honest to goodness BUFFALO WINGS!
Internet heros give it a rest!

scooter22

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2011, 10:19 PM »
You want a great twist on wings, BBQ or char broil them. I get whole, fresh wings. Rinse, dry and lightly spray them with a cooking spray. Season them with salt, pepper, garlic. Get the grill up to 350 and prop the top open with a empty soup can. Use the upper rack and time them 10 min, flip 10 min, check and go from there untill crispy or as done as you want. While they're cooking put a stick or two of butter to melt in a pot. Add about half or so of the butter volume of Franks Hot Sauce to taste. DON"T LET IT BOIL. Just melt and blend together. Sprinkle in A LOT of garlic powder and Paprika to taste. Slather sauce on the wings as you eat them. Crunchy hot wings with flavor. Oh you got me droooooooling!!!! :P

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
« Reply #17 on: Jul 06, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Here's an easy and delicious one....
    couple pounds wings
    1 bottle Louisana hot sauce
    1 stick un-salted butter (melted)
    2 cups flour
    3 eggs, beaten
    rince wings and pat dry. dip wings in egg wash then flour. double dip if you like a lot of breading.
    fry wings in pan or deep fryer.
    meanwile, mix Louisana hot sauce and melted butter in bowl
    dip or drench wings in mixture.
    voila! super tasty and easy!

TheDL

« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2011, 02:23 PM »
all these recipes sound great, and I will agree there is only one true buffalo wing - but since we're talking chicken wings, I have my own (simple) variation:
-take fresh wings, split them (cut into wing and drumstick), rinse, dry, toss into a big ziploc bag
-take 1/2 carton of buttermilk, add 2 tablespoons of chili powder and 1 tablespoon (less if you don't like hot) cayenne pepper - mix it up untill it looks like pink milk
-pour buttermilk mixture over wings, seal bag, shake up and marinade, refridgerate preferably overnight
-when ready to cook, remove wings from buttermilk, don't shake off excess, dredge in flour with garlic/onion powder and deep fry in single layers at 375 degress untill crunchy and inside reads 180 on thermometer (time depends on wing size - test the larger wings)
-TRY ONE before you sauce it, they are packed with flavour, and many of my buddies eat 'em dry!
-sauce how you like (butter with franks is best), or honey garlic, etc

I thought marinades were all about flavour, which they do add alot of, but you will not believe untill you try it how much moisture and better texture you get from the buttermilk - IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!  :thumbup_smilie:
tight lines....

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2011, 01:21 PM »
That sounds delicious with the buttermilk DL! Guess what's on the menu??

TheDL

« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2011, 02:10 PM »
ohh ya, you won't be dissappointed.  That thread got me wanting wings, did up a BIG batch last night....they were sooo good ;D
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2011, 03:04 PM »
If you have a smoker, you can slow smoke the wings prior to hitting the BBQ, dont just smoke them, the skin can get soft, so the BBQ crisps them up nice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.