FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Small ponds  (Read 2572 times)

Pikeonator23

Small ponds
« on: Jul 04, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I'm looking for some small ponds around the East of Augusta area that have good fisheries of smallmouth/largemouth bass.  So.........if you guys could give me some names of some ponds that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Pike-Icer on Ice Shanty

Epkomd

Re: Small ponds
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2012, 08:41 PM »
how small is small to you? and how do you plan on fishing it? kayak/canoe? are you looking for good numbers, or good sized fish? both? i can help you out, just need a bit more specifics.

how far east of augusta are you willing to travel as well?

gnlabonte

• Tight Lines
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Pikeonator23

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:55 AM »
how small is small to you? and how do you plan on fishing it? kayak/canoe? are you looking for good numbers, or good sized fish? both? i can help you out, just need a bit more specifics.

how far east of Augusta are you willing to travel as well?

Well.......under 150 acres, I plan on fishing in a canoe, about size of the fish, probably both, 15-20 miles from Augusta.
Pike-Icer on Ice Shanty

TheDirtyAndro

• Casting lines and slinging arrows
\"Poets talk about \"spots of time\", but it is really the fishermen who experience eternity compressed into a moment. No one can tell what a spot of time is until suddenly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone.\"  Norman McLean

TinyTim

• MFF Mod Team
  • PB 7.05 lbs.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2012, 09:21 AM »
I know ya said small, but Threemile, Webber and China lakes are all great Bass waters.

xphelanx

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2012, 09:38 AM »
I've had pretty good luck on Togus Pond with bass. Some nice browns thrown in, too!

Sinnian

Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

HardWaterFish

« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:40 PM »
I'm looking for some small ponds around the East of Augusta area that have good fisheries of smallmouth/largemouth bass.  So.........if you guys could give me some names of some ponds that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

X2 on Togus, I have seen some big bass come out of there. I wouldn't suggest standing on the bridge on 105 though, half of Augusta is fishing there at dusk every night.

Savade pond in Windsor can produce some big largemouth as well, the state has stopped stocking it with trout.

Long Pond in Windsor/ Somerville produces good bass fishing as well, both large and small. The largemouth seem to flourish and are generally a lot bigger than the smallies.

Travelers Pond in Jefferson would be a good place to try as well.

Good Luck

MEyota79

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Just a tip the survey maps and the gazzy go hand in hand!

outdoorsman

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Use the Maine Fishing Guide which runs in Google Earth! 

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/fishingGuide.html

Just set it so that it shows you waters with bass and look around in the area that you want to fish.  You can then check out the survey documents in the other link, which will have detailed information about that waterbody.
"I just want to get the work over as soon as possible so I can do some fishing. Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except that I still get to kill something."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.