FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: first Q trip?  (Read 929 times)

88fishing

first Q trip?
« on: Jul 06, 2012, 02:52 PM »
anyone have any tips for the Q. me and a freind are going next week and renting a boat, i dont care what we catch just want to catch some fish.

new to big clean lake fishing we both fish small swampy ponds 99% of the time  would love to get a big trout (rainbow brown or laker) but it might be to late for them now any info would be awsome thanks guys

stripernut

Re: first Q trip?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2012, 06:37 PM »
If you are looking for trout, gate 8 is a good bet. Troll deep or jig for some lakers. I am heading over tonight to get some big bass on top water! And yes I have the night permit...
Good luck!

SpaceGhost

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Get some shiners and hit about 30 ft of water with large rocks on the bottom...the smallies will go crazy.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Last night the bass were hitting, but the bugs were the worst I have ever seen there and that is saying something!
In a couple hours of fishing I landed 8 bass most around 3lbs, with one skinny one pushing 5lbs.

88fishing

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2012, 03:04 PM »
nice fish and thanks for the tips i just got a 4.13lb bass today at one of my swamp ponds lol its going to be quite a bit diffrent fishing such a big lake but should be fun

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.