FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: On the Troll  (Read 2388 times)

ratso

On the Troll
« on: Sep 06, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Well its getting to be danged quiet on the board, so I thought I'd start a thread.

Going to get the lead ( core ) out and drag it around for some trout and bass. I might even try some bottom walkers to put a perch dinner on the table. The water is cooling and the quality of the filets will be improving right till ice up.

Way-Way, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Echo... So many choices

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
Re: On the Troll
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2012, 10:39 AM »

JigAwhopper and I tried trolling for trout last weekend. We caught 1 trolling but we did much better jigging the deep waters.

Those who are brave are free ..       

TRACKER1

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2012, 07:20 PM »
I picked a couple shorts at RV, even the perch in the local pond felt mushy. I put them back till the water cools down.

ratso

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2012, 05:34 AM »
Ya got that right...
Nice to sit in the sun and enjoy th warmth, but the fish flesh quality is not there.
Cold water produces the best table fair, and some of the harsher conditions to ply the deep for a meal.
When I was taking fish in the fall/winter I also had a cheap trick for keeping them in top quality in the freezer.

My wife and I drink soda from 2 liter bottles. Cut the top off, wash it out, put a pound or a tad more filet
In the container. Cover with cold water, put ice cubes on top of that and make sure the
Bubbles are out, then freeze. Back when I had a seperate freezer and the space, I would
Have 50+ pounds of fish for meals.

The reason fish or meat goes bad is freezer burn over time. My fish was like it was caught
that day even after YEARS in the freezer. Cheap, recycle the recyclables, and danged effective.
I don't hunt, just fish, I never tried this on red meat, I still vacuum seal any beef I bring home for the same reason.

One last tip, if your trash pick up is once a week like mine, your wet table scraps can end up with a rank smell after a few days in the warmer months. I use empty chip and pretzel bags to seal my wet scraps and eliminate the oders. It also keeps the bears from becoming unwelcome visitors.

bigfish

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:25 AM »
fished waway last sunday only i nice rainbow on herring  at 40 ft. the fish had some nice fall colors .checked out a bass tourn. weigh in. big fish was 6+lbs. i think the field of 20 boats weight in  over 50 fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.