FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Thrill of it All!  (Read 91617 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
The Thrill of it All!
« on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:18 AM »
This day, perhaps the last having open "big fish green" water prior to ice up this winter, a warm gem of a day a bit odd for late January, added to the excitement and potential thrill of landing a big fish, perhaps a fish of a lifetime.  After a week of temperatures hovering in the teens and low twenties, having to deal with fog emerging from thirty four degree water complete with ice floes, proving the comfort of the weather would be experienced more positively from our point of view, not necessarily as well from the point of view of our quarry, the mighty toothy muskellunge, Esox masquinongy.

After catching some smaller muskies like this one, I was ready to break my personal best.

We launched my aluminum sixteen and a half foot fishing vessel, sporting a jet drive outboard for navigating through or around skinny water, optimistic as ever despite the sudden loss of the use of my depthfinder.  Musky fishing is hard work, but we were ready, my fishing friend Ed and I, to bring a toothy monster to our net on this day, and more if we could.  This post isn't a fishing report, but a description of one encounter with a beast, one that I would play over and over again in my mind.

If this post interests you, please visit the link below to read about my encounter:
The Thrill of It All

Hope you enjoy it!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: The Thrill of it All!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Please note, if you tried to read the article and the link didn't work, please try again.  The link above now works.  Hope you all like the post.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.